Elder Masse

Elder Masse
Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints August 2015-2017

Monday, November 7, 2016

November 7, 2016 "Well the underlying desire to become better stems from the hope that one day things will become better. I look around and I see my family and friends and how happy they are and that drives me in a similar manner to become better and be happy and live a life patterned after them. So at the end of the day when I think about what I aspire to be and what I want it is to be and live a life like Jesus Christ. I have grown in so much love for him. I read about the life that he lived. I see the miracles that stem from what he brought into the world. Knowing what he did and how it made everyone around him better motivated me to do the same. As I have been a leader in the mission for a while I have developed the true desire to make the missionaries around me better. I just want them to have firm testimonies. I want them to be happy. I want everyone around me to feel the love of our heavenly Father and knowing that I have the ability to help them do that motivated me everyday to get up and work as hard as I can."


Comp: Elder Seelos (Kaysville, Utah)

Zone Leader


Area: Ottawa Ontario Stake, Champlain Ward


1- It was super good! We had halloween on monday which was super fun we are living with a missionary from tahiti elder O. and so we carved pumpkins and cooked the seeds it was so cool! He loved it and it was such a blast! It was also his birthday this week so listen to this story!  So it is his birthday as we are shopping and looking at things on monday I asked elder oopa if he was going to buy anything. He looked at me and said " Elder Masse J'ai pas l'argent.. Je ne peux pas acheter les choses.." Elder Masse I don't have any money.. I can't buy anything. It just hit me that everyone that comes out does not always have the same opportunities and blessings. He worked for years and had just enough money to pay for his mission but nothing else. He gave it his all. So in that moment I was determined to make sure he had an amazing birthday. Throughout the entire day we slyly asked him what things he liked. Knowing he couldn't afford them he pointed different things out and then we walked away. While he wasn't looking we would go back and grab the different things he had pointed out and we went and bought them for him. Seeing his eyes light up on his birthday was truly amazing. He had not celebrated his birthday in the last couple of years because he had been too busy. He didn't have the time or the money and seeing his gratitude even though they were all little things that we had bought him was truly life changing. Honestly one of the best days of my mission.

2- Not really just regular halloween and we stayed in our apartment and studied and made dinner while everyone else was cooking I made a cheesecake yes sister millers cheesecake and it was so good! But yeah we carved pumpkins and cooked the seeds it was super good!

3- Well besides monday.. I would say probably driving for 2 hours in a car with brother lloyd and president schlacter! We drove out to a less active that lives really far away and it was awesome! He owns this international school and it is basically a scout camp he takes animals in and he rehabilitates them so I got to see a bunch of falcons and hawks. A bald eagle, snow owl, great horned owl, There was so many cool animals! Other than that we went to a ladies home to help do service and she told me my future haha.. Not that I has asked but she said I would go into the field of Mathematics and I would work for the Pentagon so.. Not bad I guess lol.

4- Honestly? hm. that is a good question. Well the underlying desire to become better stems from the hope that one day things will become better. I look around and I see my family and friends and how happy they are and that drives me in a similar manner to become better and be happy and live a life patterned after them. So at the end of the day when I think about what I aspire to be and what I want it is to be and live a life like Jesus Christ. I have grown in so much love for him. I read about the life that he lived. I see the miracles that stem from what he brought into the world. Knowing what he did and how it made everyone around him better motivated me to do the same. As I have been a leader in the mission for a while I have developed the true desire to make the missionaries around me better. I just want them to have firm testimonies. I want them to be happy. I want everyone around me to feel the love of our heavenly Father and knowing that I have the ability to help them do that motivated me everyday to get up and work as hard as I can.

5- I think something cool that happened this week that will be a tender mercy is the fact that starting tonight we will get to take a priest on a mini - mission for a couple days! I am so excited I am hoping that we will be able to inspire him and really help him know what it is like to be a missionary. I am so excited I will tell you how it goes next week!


6 -Other than that things are so great!I am just loving life and I know that this week is going to be crazy we are having a zone conference with a member of the 70 and it is going to be awesome I am so excited! Anyways all is well I am happy! 
Have a great week!


-Elder Masse


1. How was your week? 
2. Did you do anything special for Halloween? Does Canada have any special traditions?
3. What was the funnest thing you did this week?
4. Who or what inspires you to be better?
5. Any tender mercies or experiences that stand out?
6.Tell me anything!!