Elder Masse

Elder Masse
Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints August 2015-2017

Monday, November 28, 2016

November 28, 2016 - Laval! Pic! "I am so happy! I Have been working so hard here in these last couple of days and I have been seeing the fruits of those efforts! Things have just been working out. Well in one way or another no day is perfect but Elder Shakespear is a total boss and things have just been going awesome! I am happy as can be and I have nothing to complain about. It is like coming home here there is a huge ward, it is french, we have a really nice new apartment, ( different from the one I was in last time I was here ) Everything is just perfect!"


Area: Laval, Quebec
French Speaking

Companion: Elder Shakespear
DL



1- I am so happy! I Have been working so hard here in these last couple of days and I have been seeing the fruits of those efforts! Things have just been working out. Well in one way or another no day is perfect but Elder Shakespear is a total boss and things have just been going awesome! I am happy as can be and I have nothing to complain about. It is like coming home here there is a huge ward, it is french, we have a really nice new apartment, ( different from the one I was in last time I was here ) Everything is just perfect!

2- There is just one ward in laval well one in french and one in english I am in the french one! But it is so great here! I am really close to the island of montreal and well I am also on an island which is cool! Our church currently starts at 9:30 and it has my entire mission haha.. but starting next year it will start at 1. Which means on Sundays basically my entire day is taken up.


3- So Elder Shakespear is from Utah! I think this is my like 6th Utah companion haha but I have loved all of them of course so I am happy! But he is seriously the greatest! He is the hardest working missionary I have ever seen and I am being serious all he wants to do is work work work and so that is what we do. We come home exhausted every night and we do it all over again the next day it has been wonferful! I really admire him a lot. He has only been out for 2 transfers so I am quite a bit older than him in the mission but he is a total stud. He loves to learn and is very humble. He is basically the perfect missionary haha. I am so excited to be with him!<

4-Well I love the fact that I have already been here before! So I know the ward already and I know where most of the things are so I dont have to waste anytime adjusting to a new area we just got straight to work! But I love that there are so many families here! Everywhere you look it is just home after home. There are so many people here that are ready for the gospel we just have to go find them! They also just closed down a branch and so now the ward is really really big! They have to se the overflow and it is wonderful! I love having so many members! I have a feeling that many miracles are to come in he future!

5- I love it so much! Teaching in french again is a little weird I am used to teaching in english now but it is fine! I am pretty good in french so I dont really have any problems with it! I love having church in french and I can already feel myself just switching languages! It is wonderful! life is so good here!

6- Really just consecration and effective use of time! That is something a lot of people struggle with just knowing what to do when everything falls through right? It happens a lot even in normal everyday life. On sunday we had an amazing day planned! The whole day was full of lessons and every single one fell through back to back to back we got called saying that the people couldnt meet with us and it was fine we just did the best we could with what we had! It worked out to we went and found people and it worked out! God really blesses us and we work through the little things that come our way.

7- bien je suis tellement reconnaissant pour l'occasion d’être en Laval encore! Les membres sont super mon collègue est super aussi! Je peux pas demander pour d'autre chose! désolé je sais pas quoi dire haha sauf que je suis très content et je t'aime!

I will! :) Love you have a great week!


1. How are you!! 
2. How is Laval??  What ward are you assigned too?  What time do you have church? 
3.  How are things with your new companion??  Tell me everything about him. 
4. What do you love about your new area? 
5. How is it being back in a French area?
6. What have you been thinking about lately? 
7. Tell me something in French!  
Send me a pic of your companion!