Elder Masse

Elder Masse
Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints August 2015-2017

Monday, October 24, 2016

October 24, 2016 "It is interesting as time goes on as a missionary you just start to get 'it' I cant always explain what 'it' is but everything starts to just work out. Success starts to happen, you start to work harder, You see miracles. It is amazing. I am getting to the point in my mission where I dont want to go home haha.. I know that I must return one day but It feels like that day is an eternity away. All I want to do is just serve and help others and spend the rest of my life in this great service. I cannot imagine it any other way. I am the opposite of trunky haha.. I dont know what that word would be but I love my mission so much. So to connect the point this week was amazing! There are so many awesome changes that are happening with president phillips and I have already seen so many miracles and positive results because of his loving influence! Our mission is changing for the better!"

Comp: Elder Seelos (Kaysville, Utah)

Zone Leader
Area: Ottawa Ontario Stake, Champlain Ward


1. How was your week?
2. Did you get your package? What do you want for Christmas?
3. Any words/letter for Miiko & Devin?
4. What is something you do with your district/zone? What games are popular?
5. What successes are you having?
6. What have you been thinking about lately?
7. Tell me anything!



I dont have too much time today so I will just write the family so sorry to anyone else.. but I am here I will respond as quickly as I can :D

haha.. that is so funny! I cant wait to see pictures of what it looks like! Sorry I dont have as much time this week but I will focus on just the family! I want to make sure you feel my love and know that my thoughts and prayers are towards home as you prepare for Devins wedding this week! 

1- It was so great! It is interesting as time goes on as a missionary you just start to get 'it' I cant always explain what 'it' is but everything starts to just work out. Success starts to happen, you start to work harder, You see miracles. It is amazing. I am getting to the point in my mission where I dont want to go home haha.. I know that I must return one day but It feels like that day is an eternity away. All I want to do is just serve and help others and spend the rest of my life in this great service. I cannot imagine it any other way. I am the opposite of trunky haha.. I dont know what that word would be but I love my mission so much. So to connect the point this week was amazing! There are so many awesome changes that are happening with president phillips and I have already seen so many miracles and positive results because of his loving influence! Our mission is changing for the better!

2- I did! Well if it was the vest and the tie.. That one? I also saw your letter in there and it is sitting on my desk awaiting saturday. That is a great question.. I am still thinking about it. Sorry I know that that information would be useful by now but I have not had the time to give it much thought. Also I feel like I have so much stuff haha. I just want to buy everyone souvenirs and get memorabilia haha. I will think about it more.

3- Yes. I will send it separately! 


4- mm.. Get work done! Haha Well we dont have zone activities in our mission if that is what you mean but we are allowed to have a district activity once every transfer and usually we just go to parliament or we go to Gatineau park. Rideau mall! There are a couple really cool places in Ottawa that I will have to show you when you come! Games.. I know a lot of missionaries that like to play munchkins haha.. Chess, checkers, There are a couple others. I have tried to teach some missionaries how to play cribbage but lately I have been way too busy I work all day sometimes we dont even have time for dinner and at night we do calls or prep for upoming district meetings and then we just crash at 10:30 and start it all over the next day. These last couple weeks have been particularly busy.

5- Well currently we have 7 people on date which has never happened on my mission. Also we have been teaching so many member present lessons. The standard of Excellence is 4 but this last week we taught 7. We have just been getting so much work done! We should be having a baptism soon as well we will see what happens but things are just going great! 

6- I have been thinking a lot about diligence and consecration. We will be having a member of the 70 come soon to visit our mission and I think that is really going to make a difference. I will represent my zone and we will have an hour to hour and a half long interview with him about our zone and what we can improve on.. Talk about intimidation! It will be amazing though I am excited for what is to come. My thoughts though on those subjects have just been that as we choose to be diligent and change the little things in our life for the better that is where we see the biggest improvement and change. In the little everyday things that we do. 

7- Well Life is super good! It is starting to get cold here! It is snowing in Montreal and it was supposed to snow in Ottawa but it has not happened yet. Winter is finally coming and I am so excited! Other than that.. I dont even know what to say. I love my mission so much. It has changed me. I dont feel like the same person at all.. I would say as well that I am not the same person. Anyways love you all have a great week!

Love you all

-Elder Massé