Elder Masse

Elder Masse
Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints August 2015-2017

Monday, October 3, 2016

October 3, 2016 - General Conf Weekend! Transfers Calls this Week, "I have been thinking about what it means to be consecrated. I think of the consecration of the oil that we use for the healing of the sick and afflicted. It has been set apart for a specific purpose it shouldn't be used for cooking or anything else anymore because it has been set apart for that purpose and to do anything else with it would really just undermine its ability what it was meant to do. Similarly we have been set apart and chosen by God to go around the world and to teach people the gospel of Jesus Christ. When we arent doing that we are not fulfilling our purpose. We have to be consecrated to a specific purpose and goal and I think sometimes we get lost in the means of things instead of the ends. We make the means the ends and forget what our actual purpose is here"



Comp: Elder Seelos (Kaysville, Utah)

Zone Leader
Area: Ottawa Ontario Stake, Champlain Ward



1- Conference has honestly become one of my favorite things as a missionary. There is just pools and pools of revelation that we get to swim in and if you go into ready to learn and listen to the spirit you are going to come out with the knowledge of what you need to do to change and become better and strengthen you testimony. I love conference so much! I did both actually! I got to watch the sunday afternoon session with some members and we ate dinner with them afterwards and it was great! We got to talk about the talks that we liked and everything that happened and it was a very edifying experience! I am doing so great! I am loving life, my companion, and my area! I could ask for anything more! I really like it here and it would be nice to stay for at least a little bit longer. This week is transfer calls so we will just have to see! 

2- I really liked Elder Nelsons about joy. I really appreciated some of the comment about how we can be joyful despite the circumstances that we are in. I think that was one of my favorites. What more could we ask for then to be joyful? Men are that they might have joy! 

3- This week was interesting because we spent 2 days in montreal and then we had Conference so we didnt get as much work as we would have done but despite everything that happened we were still able to make some really good plans for the zone and what we can do to help everyone out! So success would include actually making it to MLC on time because of traffic! Being able to watch General Conference! This was my 3rd time as a missionary.. I will only get to watch it 1 more time! That is crazy.. But everything is just fine and dandy! 

4- I have been thinking about what it means to be consecrated. I think of the consecration of the oil that we use for the healing of the sick and afflicted. It has been set apart for a specific purpose it shouldn't be used for cooking or anything else anymore because it has been set apart for that purpose and to do anything else with it would really just undermine its ability what it was meant to do. Similarly we have been set apart and chosen by God to go around the world and to teach people the gospel of Jesus Christ. When we arent doing that we are not fulfilling our purpose. We have to be consecrated to a specific purpose and goal and I think sometimes we get lost in the means of things instead of the ends. We make the means the ends and forget what our actual purpose is here. So with that I have been thinking about what I can do to give that last little bit of energy. Am I keeping 5% for myself and not for the Lord? Then I am missing out. I have been thinking about what I can do to give that last 5% and also what I can to do motivate others to do the same. Each persons 5% is different, and what drives us is different but often times our goal is the same and we can find universal motivation in Gods love. Understanding that we are his children and we are here to help the rest of his children that dont have the same blessings as us receive those blessings.

5- Honestly just getting the members to do work with the missionaries. Missionary work is not solely to be done by the missionaries in fact it is to the contrary. Missionaries are simply there to help in the work of salvation of the ward. Not to do it all by themselves. Helping each auxillary and Quorum identy where they need help is really good and having the missionaries help the fulfill those goals is even better. There are broadcasts such as Hastening the work of salvation which are really good! It teaches each member of the ward council what they should do to fulfill their calling and help the members do their part. Making sure that the missionaries are at ward council. I have so much to say on this topic haha..

6- mm see number 4 haha. But I mean I am always thinking about my family and my wonderful mother at home ;) <3

7- I will do my best haha.. I am really bad at taking pictures but I may have 1 or 2

8- We switch off every single day so it is pretty equal in these last 4 transfers though I have driven roughly 13,000 kilometers. So overall in my mission.. probably something like 27,000 kilometers in total I have driven a chevy cruze, subaru impreza, chevty colorado, and a nissan rogue. I have driven quite a bit.. 

Anyways love you you are the best! 

-Elder Massé




1.       What did you think of Conference???  Did you watch the sessions at the Chapel or at a members home?
2.       What was one of your favorite talks/quotes?
3.       What were your successes this week?
4.       What are you thinking about lately?
5.       What has been a successful tool for missionary work in your ward?  Any tips for the ward council or Bishop?
6.       What are you thinking about lately?
7.       Are you going to send me some pics??
8. Do you drive more, or does your comp??