Elder Masse

Elder Masse
Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints August 2015-2017

Monday, December 14, 2015

December 14, 2015 - 12 weeks in Montreal, "I went from a pebble to a mountain. I have seen the divine nature of this calling. I have seen miracles and my faith has grown so much in this gospel. There is no way that I would be able to do this if I didn't know that it was true. But as I have been obedient I have seen miracles and these experiences have grown my faith so much and it is just this continuous cycle and my testimony grows more and more each day of this gospel and of the scriptures etc. It has brought me peace! "


1.      Transfers!  Did you get transferred? 
2.       What’s something you love about Quebec?
3.      Spiritual experiences?
4.     What made you laugh?
5.      What are some of your favorite Christmas traditions?
6.      What are some Christmas traditions there (or how is it different there)?
7.       How has your testimony grown since you’ve been a missionary?


1- so no didnt get transferred because they moved transfers to next week so i have no idea.. so I cant really answer any of those questions haha SORRY!

2- poutine haha! I ate it almost every day this week and I think that my heart almost stopped! But, I love the weather definitely this week was well.. I want an awesome winter so to speak but this week it got to like 50 degrees! I was just mind blown last year at this time it was in the -20's so.. I have no idea! but i do like it! it reminds me of oregon! I love the culture and there are people here from all over the world which is really cool I have met people from Devins mission and europe south america! Name any place! 

3- yes all the time haha. I think that a really cool thing this week was that i fasted for a new investigator and boom! we got a call from another set of missionaries with a referral and we got a new investigator this was amazing! I think Another really cool experience was that we went on splits and there was this lady that the elder had been trying to give a baptismal date for a long time. She had a son die and she was just having a hard time in her life and I testified of eternal families and I talked about our family and aideyn and it was really powerful and I challenged her to baptism and she accepted So that was pretty awesome! 

4- haha... Well there was a couple near death experiences that made me laugh. I will save those for another time but one of our recent converts again just went off about how there is this place in quebec where all the beautiful women come from and he was just using the word belle, and jolie... and elder rosenlof and I were just laughing so hard. Also eating dinner with a 83 year old man who is pretty firm in his beliefs and he just made some pretty crazy comments about the arc of the covenant and also the 2nd world war and it was pretty funny I had no idea what was going on 

5- 1- Dad's book that takes #1, I also love going to the movies on christmas eve. I love opening 1 present on christmas eve of our choosing and also getting new pajamas. I love the FEAST! and the christmas orange. And looking at the lights in portland. but mainly just being together as a family and spending time together watching movies or doing other things. 

6- umm.. I have no idea haha It doesn't seem like there is too much difference here they put up lights etc. We actually got some presents! and we have been invited to eat at like 6 peoples houses.. I may die haha. But i cant answer that one very well haha..

7- Comparatively? I went from a pebble to a mountain. I have seen the divine nature of this calling. I have seen miracles and my faith has grown so much in this gospel. There is no way that I would be able to do this if I didn't know that it was true. But as I have been obedient I have seen miracles and these experiences have grown my faith so much and it is just this continuous cycle and my testimony grows more and more each day of this gospel and of the scriptures etc. It has brought me peace! 

yeah!  Christmas is almost here! I cannot wait to speak french with devin! I know that it is not perfect but, i know that we will be able to communicate somewhat haha.

Other things - this week! As I said I ate poutine almost every day and it is actually so good... I know how to make it so I am definitely bringing it to college with me! umm I think in 10 days I am singing a duet in front of the entire mission and I dont have music and we haven't practiced.. soo we will see how that goes! umm it was a long week not totally sure why! but I also finished 12 weeks! in 11 weeks haha.. and yeah this week was good it was just crazy long! 
OHHH highlight so we had this christmas party this week and I was so excited!! we had invited so many people and just like 2 hours before it starts we get a call from an investigator saying that she needs help moving. at 6:30 which is when it started.. we said no at first because of the christmas party then we thought about it and we said to ourselves " what is more important" sooooo. we told her we would be there and we did! and we helped move all her stuff from her 3 story apartment down to the bottom floor in the truck and there was a couple people there but they were all old and out of breath because they were smoking and so it was basically just us and we went up and down that flight of stairs more than I can count. There was this chest of drawers or however you spell that and they were deciding how to get it down and I just picked it up by myself and carried it down 3 flights of stairs! I love being a masse' sometimes haha but then we made it back in time for the party and all was well and It was just so fun to do service! I love helping people move! It was a pretty good week! well l love you have a good week!
-Elder Masse'