Elder Masse

Elder Masse
Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints August 2015-2017

Monday, December 7, 2015

December 7, 2015 - "I have come to realize what really brings me peace and some of the things I want from this life. I learned that "masse" means sledge hammer and now everything just makes so much more sense haha I have also learned to limit myself or more so what my capability is and when I reach that point not to be disappointed that I cant do more. you learn a lot about yourself as a missionary."


My district!  I love them!







This is how you eat breakfast haha




I take alot of notes..


this was at the Baptism!




Area: Mont-St-Hilaire (near St Hyacinthe), Quebec, Canada 
Trainer: Elder Ross Rosenlof




I am always great haha you know this;) I keep forgetting that I will be able to skype you soon! so so so weird! you will get to hear my french haha. 

Questions! 

1. How was your week?  Tell me something that happened to you this week
2. What made you laugh?
3. What is something you love about Quebec?
4. What have you learned about yourself recently?
5. How would you describe the people of Quebec or in your area?  
6. How does your mission feel the same or different from the Oregon Salem Mission?
7. What are you looking forward too?
8. What do you want for Christmas?

1- It was good! It was a pretty slow week but it was really really fun! We had a great district meeting and there was 3 baptisms this week in our district so we went to those etc. It was a hard week but it was really really fun! to me specifically? umm.. this week.. i dont even know lol.. this week was a blur! 

2- umm. Always being with my district! Whenever our district is together we have SOOOO MUCH fun haha we laugh and tell jokes and just yeah! So that is definitely something umm at the bapstism there were 2 little kids just wrestling and one of them licked the other in the face haha just in front of EVERYONE and someone was trying to give a talk it was just crazy but it was a fun time.
3- umm POUTINE haha who does love poutine? it is actually so good.. But i love the weather! and nature! there is a long list the people, the weather, food, culture etc. 

4- About myself? That is a hard question haha. I have come to realize what really brings me peace and some of the things I want from this life. I learned that "masse" means sledge hammer and now everything just makes so much more sense haha I have also learned to limit myself or more so what my capability is and when I reach that point not to be disappointed that I cant do more. you learn a lot about yourself as a missionary.

5- umm. they are very warm once you get to know them but they can be kind of "sheltered" so to say before you get to that point but once you get them going they just never stop talking haha.. 

6- There are many things that are similar but I think there are more differences I have come to realize how just blessd I was specifically with all the experiences I have had with the Oregon Salem Mission. I wish that I had used it more to my advantage but even know I have so much experience it has really come in handy!  We are really going through a lot of changes right now to become better! I am excited to see what will happen after 2 years. 

7- haha. what am I not looking forward to? time in general! I know that the biggest thing is time. I need time to learn the language time to learn how to be a missionary and really learn how to be an effective teacher So I am just excited for the future in general and also just the snow and winter! I am excited to see how cold it will be! ALL THE SNOW!

8- that is the golden question isnt it haha.. everytime I get a package it is like christmas haha! umm definitely more pictures maybe just like an album of pictures? of memories etc. That would be nice.  I will have to think more deeply on that one ask me next week and I will come up with a list!! 

i was looking at the ward directory and i noticed that where I lived had changed so i looked at it and i saw on the map where you live etc. You are in the georgia stake etc. But my companion who really loves geography noticed where you were living and just commented that it is a super nice place and that It is a big vacation spot.. you guys are just having a blast there haha I cant believe it! 

Transfers are next week.  this transfer is 5 weeks long and the next one is 7 weeks.


This week there isnt really too much more to report on it was a fun week but slow haha! Anyways love you so much! Have a good week!
-elder Masse'


------------------
 Dear Elder Masse',
     Happy Sabbath to you. 
     Today in class  we talked about the most important gifts Heavenly Father has given us. We started with Jesus Christ Himself, His Atonement, and the Holy Ghost. What would you add?
     Continue votra bon travail avec diligence inebrantable.
                                Love, 
                              Gramma
Dear Grandma! 


I would add the ability to choose ( agency ) because above all else this is really what gives us our freedom to exercise the atonement in our lives to do the things to feel the spirit and be able really to do those things that you love most. So i think along with all those are definitely agency but also eternal families there is nothing in this world that means more to me than my family so I would add that to the list. Well I hope those were to good things! I love you so much grandma!
-Elder Masse'