Elder Masse

Elder Masse
Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints August 2015-2017

Monday, January 11, 2016

January 11, 2016 - Quesadilla, African family from Yaounde! "Just because times get rough does not mean that you have to get discouraged. Yeah everything may be collapsing and all could seem lost but if you hold on to the faith and you keep moving forward everything will be alright. You have the agency to choose so you can choose to be discouraged or you can choose to pass the time with a smile on your face and remember how you laughed in the face of the odds that were against you. Just keep smiling that's all it takes! Remember why you are here and what means most to you and nothing can get you down! "

Area: Mont-St-Hilaire, Quebec, Canada 
Companion:  Elder Thomas Smith
French Speaking





 c'est beau!




So i was doing a little bit of geneology and well I think I went back a little too far..






1. How was your week?!?!
2. What made you laugh?  What was the funniest thing that happened?
3. Did you get snow- and did you love that?
4. Who did you teach this week?
5. Spiritual experiences?
6. What's something you love about your only sister?
7. What lifts you when you get discouraged?  What advice would you give another missionary who was discouraged?
8. Send me pics and tell me anything!  
9.  Tell me something in French!!



1- This was such an amazing week this was definitely a week of miracles ! There was just so many things that happened I dont even know If i can name them all i think the biggest one though was finding this family from AFRICA! they are from yaounde so yes... Devins mission! they said that we could come over so we did and yeah.. they are a family of 26! So it was a crazy big lesson and it was the first time I had taught to a group like that! they had a lot of questions but it was serisously SOO COOL! We also got to go to a baptism in Montreal and there is  a 21 year old less active who came to church for the first time in like 2 years! This week was just fantastic! Lots of miracles! It wasn't really that cold.. it got pretty cold then hot and melted and today again it is -8 but all is well! 

2- Well we were trying to eat a quick lunch and well I was cooking a quesadilla we got a phone call from a less active member who we have been trying to get a hold of for like 3 weeks and SHE LOVES TO TALK! So while i was on the phone I forgot about my quesadilla and well.. yeah it burned but while i was on the phone I ran to save my burning quesadilla and i grabbed it and just flung it onto the table and cheese and meat just went all over the floor.. that was pretty funny! I still ate it haha! not the pieces on the floor buuut! it turned out not half bad! That was one thing in particular!  

3- It didnt snow this week except last tuesday I think and it rained and got hot so a lot of the snow is gone and there is a lot of ice now. And YES everytime it snows I get so excited! I still havent used like half of my winter stuff yet! it hasnt been cold enough but yeah I love it when it snows!

4- OH another miracle! a former investigator who dropped because he wouldn't give up coffee started meeting with us again and said that he would do it and be baptized so that was another miracle! We taught him and the big African family twice! and lots of member families and our recent converts! A Single dad with 2 small children! WE HAVE SOME GREAT INVESTIGATORS! I love them all so much! this was definitely a week to remember! 

5- Well in particular at the beginning of this week we had very few people to teach and during fast sunday I prayed and fasted that we would be able to find people to teach this week - Everyone that I said in 4 came from this week - the African family, the single father with 2 children, the former investigator. They all came from this week! 

6- What don't I love about her haha! SHE IS THE ONLY ONE! I talk about my family all the time and I say how many brothers and sisters I have and everytime no one asks about the brothers they always ask about my 1 sister so I get to talk about her almost more than anyone else. She is beautiful she is funny and honestly she saved my life in high school honestly I don't know what I would have dont in Ap lang without her.. ! Our family would not be complete without natalie! she is the cherry on top! I miss those late taco bell runs and our netflix parties! She is an incredible young women who I miss dearly! Love you sis;) <3

7- Not be discouraged haha. Just because times get rough does not mean that you have to get discouraged. Yeah everything may be collapsing and all could seem lost but if you hold on to the faith and you keep moving forward everything will be alright. You have the agency to choose so you can choose to be discouraged or you can choose to pass the time with a smile on your face and remember how you laughed in the face of the odds that were against you. Just keep smiling that's all it takes! Remember why you are here and what means most to you and nothing can get you down! 

8- okay umm.. I dont know if there is too much more to tell! I didnt realize how close I was to the US I could be in new york in like less than 2 hours! We went to montreal and we ate at a place called schwartz! we are definitely going there when you come! umm I saw elder rosenlof at the baptism!.. Other than that I dont know if there is too much else for this week but it was definitely amazing! 

9- le temps n'est pas loin jusqu'a je serai avec vous encore ma mere;) gardez la foi and continuez a traivaille avec force;) dit a pere que je l'aime. passez une bonne semaine ma mere! 

Can't think of too much else! Love you have a good week!
-Elder Masse'