Elder Masse

Elder Masse
Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints August 2015-2017

Monday, January 4, 2016

January 4, 2016 - Happy New Year!!! "The greatest gift that God has ever given us is our agency. With this power we have the ability to choose for ourselves what we want from this life, the ability every day to decide who we want to be. But at the end of the day we are only human. We will make mistakes and we will fail. But there is a God in heaven that loves us so much. He has given us this life so that we may learn and grow and become greater than we have ever dreamed. If we truly aspire for greatness it will come by aligning our will with the being that has given us this chance in mortality. The greatest way that you can do this is by serving a mission. This life is a time to prepare to meet God and nothing on earth will do this better than devoting 2 years of your life in the service of the God that has given you so much. As you truly serve with all your heart, might, mind, and strength you will change. You will change into something better. A true disciple of christ. You will see the world through new eyes and you will be blessed for the rest of your life for those 2 years. Your life doesn't end at your mission but it begins. "

this is my house! my face was frozen..



this is my house! my face was frozen..




 SUCK IT EL NINO! 



 Mont st hilaire




This is my kind of sunrise








Area: Mont-St-Hilaire, Quebec, Canada 
Companion:  Elder Thomas Smith
French Speaking




1. How was your week?
2. Do you have any new years resolutions?  What are some goals you have for yourself?
3. What made you laugh or smile?
4. What would you tell someone who isn't sure if they should serve a mission or not?
5. What is a way your friends and family can most support you on your mission?
6. Any Spiritual experiences or tender mercies that stand out?
7. Tell me anything!


1- IT WAS AMAZING! I LOVE ELDER SMITH SO MUCH! he is seriously the coolest guy ever! Every second of every day is just a party with him and we work SOO HARD like inexhaustibly I totally just like passed out yesterday I slept so well but we really just go for it! This week was particularly amazing though because of SNOOOOOW there was this big storm! well not really big it was kinda small but it snowed for like 5 days and the result was about 2 feet today and it is currently -18 so winter is finally starting! I finally had to use my beefy winter boots! I haven't used my nice jacket or wool socks or really my under armour/ long johns but it is getting there! I hope it gets colder it is supposed to get to like -25 ish so WHOOO! I love the cold so much everyone thinks I am crazy yesterday it was -7 and i just had a light wool jacket and a scarf and we were knocking! It was so fun! 

2- New years resolutions that is a great question of course! really if you think about it...this is my year! This is the only full year in my entire life that i will be a young missionary in quebec  I have though for hours what i would do specifically this year that would change the rest of my life. In short it will be a year of work. I have big goals for myself with scripture reading and the different standard works in the church but there are spiritual goals physical goals and fun goals! I want to learn to juggle and solve a rubix cube, I want to read jesus the christ and all the standard works, I want to go through the " the teaching of jesus christ and his apostles" There are many many goals. Physically being super healthy. But I thought about that a lot what I would do with the 1 year that I have. 

3-  Laughed what didn't make me laugh? I love our district Elder Smith and I laugh all the time at just awkward situations or actually ! we were doing some knocking and this lady just opened the door and started yelling at us and said "see this address- yeah write it down and never come back!" and we just stood there smiling asking her if she wanted to learn more about jesus christ and she slammed the door and her son came out and totally apologized and it was all pretty funny! Everything here is just a matter of perspective if you aren't optimistic the world will get you down here.

4- The greatest gift that God has ever given us is our agency. With this power we have the ability to choose for ourselves what we want from this life, the ability every day to decide who we want to be. But at the end of the day we are only human. We will make mistakes and we will fail. But there is a God in heaven that loves us so much. He has given us this life so that we may learn and grow and become greater than we have ever dreamed. If we truly aspire for greatness it will come by aligning our will with the being that has given us this chance in mortality. The greatest way that you can do this is by serving a mission. This life is a time to prepare to meet God and nothing on earth will do this better than devoting 2 years of your life in the service of the God that has given you so much. As you truly serve with all your heart, might, mind, and strength you will change. You will change into something better. A true disciple of christ.  You will see the world through new eyes and you will be blessed for the rest of your life for those 2 years. Your life doesn't end at your mission but it begins. 

5- By being missionaries back home. I have come to realize that missionaries dont lead missionary work.. They cant. There is only 80,000 of us and there are 7 billion people in this world. It is impossible for us to do it all. We require the aid of those faithful members around. The biggest thing you can do is to be missionaries where you are right now. Starting with the simple things reading your scriptures, praying. As you strengthen your spirituality heavenly father will trust you enough to put people in your life that need your testimony. The best way that you and everyone else can help is to aid in the work of salvation. It is only when you truly help bring others unto christ that you become converted. ( conversion - true to the faith 4 points )

6- Tender Mercies.. Well every day is a spiritual experience haha I AM A MISSIONARY! But tender mercies specifically this week.. I can't think of any of the top of my head... other than just things working out. Where sometimes the day can be planned kinda "Ify" so to put it but in the end it all works out.  that actually happened yesterday! Other than that I can't think of too much else I mean besides elder Smith! he is a tender mercy!

7- I dont know if I have too much more to tell but this week was really amazing! It was just jammed packed with visiting members and helping people move and just really deciding what I would do for this upcoming year. I thought a lot about that! Other than that I dont know if there is too much else! Other than that. You could send me some juggling balls so I can learn how to juggle haha! Other than that I am perfect here! I love you so much! Have a good week! you will always be in my heart mother.Happy new years! 

-Elder Masse'