Elder Masse

Elder Masse
Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints August 2015-2017

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

March 14, 2016 - Transfers! Last week in Mt. Hilaire!! Going to Laval on Ile de Montreal! With Elder Udave who is trilingual








Area: Mont-St-Hilaire, Quebec, Canada 
Companion:  Elder Thomas Smith
French Speaking


1. How's your week?  HOW ARE YOU??
2. What was fun or made you laugh?
3. Who did you teach this week?
4. Spiritual experiences?  Any miracles?
5. Tell me something in French!
6. What do you think is going to happen for transfers.... 
7. What have you been thinking about lately?
8. Are you going to send me any pictures??  




1- I AM GREAT ( as always) Everything is what you make of it! This week haha.. It was a little bit slow but we got to visit a lot of members so that was good! It was full of a lot of good memories and I am happy for the time I spent here in Mont St. Hilaire. Oh yeah I got transfer calls and I am leaving haha. I am going to a place called LAVAL. Which is just north of the island of Montreal. SOOO I am basically just going to the part of Montreal that isn't super commercial I AM STOKED! My new companion is elder udave who I have heard is SUPER AWESOME! and he is tri-lingual so i am going to get to practice my spanish and french! Packing.. Packing is something else haha I really do have way too much stuff. I am fine as far as clothes and stuff go but I accumulated a fortress of books here.It doesn't Help I have 2 sets of language studying materials but I think I will make it! Other than that we have done a lot of last goodbyes for the past couple days and everything has been tranquil. Elder Smith and I are both leaving and a set of sisters will be coming in. I will really miss Elder Smith. Honestly he was such a cool missionary! My other companions better watch out because he set a pretty high standard. We had a great time and now he is going to Alma which will probably be his last area before he leaves. I will miss him. 

2- hmmmmmmm.. What didn't? Our last sunday was pretty funny we have so many goofy people in our ward. Actually! We just got a new ward mission leader and we were super stoked and he was as well and he loved us and it has been 2 weeks and when we gave him the news he was so devastated.. It was pretty funny how he reacted though. Other than that just miscellaneous things here and there! packing, singing, trying to contact, trying to speak french. The works. 

3- WHO DID WE TEACH! That is a great question I don't think I could name all of them.. Just pick a continent haha. No it isn't that extreme but we taught a lesson in spanish again! WHOO! and we basically just visited as many people as we could in preparation for us living so all of the ward members and our investigators it was a good week.

4-  WE had a super cool experience with our Recent convert! We showed up for the last time and we felt inspired to share this DVD that we have as a proselyting tool and he started crying and he testified about how much he loves the church and the plan of salvation and it was honestly the best meeting we have ever had with him! There was such a strong spirit! 

5- Alors... je suis tres content pour le temps que j'ai passe ici.. je suis pres pour le chose a venir et les nouveaux experiences. il va me manquer mais ca c'est la vie. Deprovation et la cause d'apprectiation. ( deprivation causes appreciation. ) #ElderSmith

6- see number 1 and 7. but to reiterate. I am leaving going to Laval. Elder Smith is going to alma. My new comp is elder Udave. I AM SO EXCITED!!! and well.. I still have a lot of packing to do. I will be taking a train and a metro! How cool is that! 

7- Hmmmmmmm.. Well lately I have been thinking about my new area! I do really love transfers. I will be going to a new place. New people. New companion. New missionaries. I can be whatever I want. Honestly it is the greatest thing of the world. I relate it a lot to the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It is a chance to start over new. New life. New opportunities, it is an infinite tool of second chances. I am excited to go be myself but better. Improve on what needs work, and just grow to new heights. I am so excited! 

8- I do..... BUT! I accidently forgot it because I am packing and it is no longer in my bag... But this just means I will have a lot nect week! 

Anyways all is well here! I am just packing and I really do have some pictures for you! A member made sea food this week..... Couldn't eat it haha I felt pretty bad.. but it worked out! and I think my companion got sick from it so all is well. Well Love you have a great week! 

-Elder Massé
----------------------------
Laval (/ləˈvæl/French pronunciation: [laval]is a Canadian city located in southwestern Quebec, north of Montreal. It forms its own administrative region of Quebec. It is the largest suburb of Montreal, the third largest municipality in the province of Quebec, and the thirteenth largest city in Canada with a population of 401,553 in 2011.[3]

Laval is geographically separated from the mainland to the north by the Rivière des Mille Îles, and from the Island of Montreal to the south by the Rivière des Prairies. Laval occupies all of Île Jésus as well as the Îles Laval.