Elder Masse

Elder Masse
Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints August 2015-2017

Monday, March 21, 2016

March 21, 2016- Riding Metro to new area- Laval! Tender Mercy of member helping him when lost, poutine!, Matt 12;23,


Comp: Elder Udave
Area: Laval, Quebec
French & Spanish Speaking


1. So how do transfers work?  Do you have a transfer meeting?  How do you get to your new area? Do you ride the metro?  When will you be going to Laval?
2. Where did you go and who did you see this week?
3. What made you laugh out loud?
4. Do you have a favorite scripture as of late?
5.  Any tender mercies or miracles that stand out?
6. What are your favorite foods?
7. How is everything going?
8. Tell me something in French!! 


1- Well.. in the white handbook it says that missionaries are supposed to go to their areas as soon as possible and to now really meet up anywhere so this is how mine went down. Got up at 5am got ready and was out by 5:45 I took my 2 like 60-70 pound bags ( I have way too much stuff.. It is all language study books.. ) My backpack and my handbag and boarded a train that was not really meant for that kind of luggage.. But i made it work! I took the train to Montreal and From Montreal I walked to the Metros Again with all of that stuff haha. I navigated the Metros with all my stuff and somehow got to my area ... ( dont know How I did it with all that stuff.. )  In the process I carried all my luggage up like 10 flights of stairs and I was so hot and sweaty in the end. I was sore for a couple of days. It was pretty tireing.. BUT! At the end were my 3 new favorite ELDERS !All there to help me out and ease my burdens. I was ready to collapse. It didn`t help none of the elevators were working but it was fun to just navigate everything and walk through the Metros alone and talk to people. I am in Laval now I got here last.. wednesday. But no each missionary take a personal route to their new area. The Zone leaders arrange the bus tickets or train / Metros etc.

2- So right when I showed up my companion got super sick haha.. He got this super bad rash and fever and he like couldn`t walk or do anything sooo I spent a lot of time in the apartment but! We still got some lessons in! I taught more lessons in Spanish than in French actually! and I had plenty of time to unpack etc. So all was well! I am still super lost and I have no Idea where I am but all is well! I am getting there! My area is not as big as my last one but, It is definitely more complicated to navigate. ( also I am using a french keyboard so there may be a lot of mistakes because there are slight differences just warning you ) 

3- Oh my gosh I couldn`t even tell you everything! So we are in a 4 man apartment and it is  so fun! It is like living with john and gordon all the time. We have so much fun and we just play games and tell stories and every day is just a party! We are working so hard and at the end of the day we just come home and laugh the night away. All the other elders are almost done with their missions and I am just starting haha so I am just learning a lot and having a blast! 

4- I think I may have brought this one up but! The one that come to mind is mathew.. 12:23-28 inspired version. I have come to adore that set of scriptures. I think that is the reference. But it talks about what it means to take upon the crosses of the world and also what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul. I love it so much! 

5- Well Before I left my area I prayed that all would go well and that i would have safe travels and everything would work out and well for most of i was traveling alone so obviously you are going to have a little fear. Especially because it was like the 2nd time i had riden in the metros in Montreal. BUT! All went well and actually in the last metro I was taking I met a member and he helped me with my bags and he told me about my area and it was so cool! Because at the end I got a little lost and I was so dead tired and he just came out of nowhere and was my saving grace at the last stretch! 

6- haha. Well I mean meme`s potatoes may always take the spot but I am learning how to cook some pretty good things here. There are these things that we make called chicken rolls and honestly I couldn`t tell you everything that is in it I will just have to make it for you but it is like chicken, this super good sauce, other meats etc. all wrapped up in a croissant and it is to die for! I will send you the recipe next week. Other than that there is always poutine! 

7- I honestly have never been so happy in my life haha. Everything is perfect! I am always smiling and laughing! My companion is awesome! our ward is the best! The first sunday I sang in the choir ( i got 1 practice haha ) I gave a testimony conducted music. Helped teach like all these things! I felt loved and it was so fun! I have never been better! 

8- je suis tres content a etre ici. Mon college est le meilleur son francais c'est vraiment bonne! il est bien cool! le meme avec les autres elders aussi! je les adore! 

Anyways that is about it this week was so awesome!! So do you think you could get me bradys email? and I was wondering if you could send me the music for glorious from meet the mormons , .. I feel like there was something else.. Oh do you think you could send me a mini preach my gospel in Spanish? Other than that life is perfect! 

This week was just amazing and that is basically the jist of it! My situation is perfect! We are moving the apartment this transfer though so we have been working on that and I will have to pack all my bags again haha.. Oh well! But all is well! I will think of other things! I love you mom! Have a great week!

-Elder Massé