Elder Masse

Elder Masse
Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints August 2015-2017

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

May 24, 2016 -"I am super grateful for the missionaries in my apartment and for my companion. For the weather and the clouds. There is amazing weather here. The clouds and sunsets are beautiful! I am grateful for my knowledge of the gospel and for my strong testimony in Jesus Christ and everything that he did for us. I have a long list of things to be grateful for. I could name so many things. I owe so much to the people around me, my family, to my Heavenly Father. He has given me so much. My everything! My eternity." Aristotle: "You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor."- Letters from Dad and Grandma

Area: Ottawa Ontario Stake, Champlain Ward
Comp: Elder Jared Nilson (Kaysville, UT)
Zone Leader

Dinner at Brother Rob Grahams's house!!

1. HOW ARE YOU??
2. What did you do this week??
3. What is Victoria Day and how do you celebrate that in Canada??
4. What made you laugh?
5. What are some things you were grateful for this week?
6. Is there anything you need from me?  Anything I can do?
7. Tell me anything!!
8. Tell Elder Nilsen hi from the Masse family!!  

 (mom's side note:  All during high school when Tate needed me or was calling me... he would always say "Ma mère" instead of mom- I miss hearing him call me that and so it is very endearing when he starts his letters that way!) 

Ma mère 
Bonjour ma mere! Je suis ici! Comment ca-va! Quoi de neuf?? 

1- I am super good as always! I got sick and had to go to the clinic this week.. go figure haha had to happen at least once on my mission I got some kind of sinus infection and that put me out for like a day.. But, aint nobody got time for that so I recovered quickly and just got back to work haha. Nothing can stop me! haha but I am doing super well! I am very happy as always and like is super!

2- this week! Well.. Besides going to the hospital.. I shoveled 18 tons of gravel with a shovel and wheel barrel in the sun for 6 hours! I got pretty tan haha. It felt really good to work hard again. I miss doing that more often! It was really rewarding and it was for someone who wasnt a member so we got invited back for dinner and who knows we could end up teaching them which would be great! Other than that.. ! OH we celebrated the birthdays of Elder Gentillon and Elder Nilson in our apartment and it was super fun! As you know I always go pretty hard with birthdays so it was really fun we went on exchanges that day and so we decorated the whole apartment and made a cake and bought them presents it was super fun! I ate more cake this week than my entire mission haha.. that 18 tons of gravel probably leveled off what I ate haha.

3- It is to celebrate something with queen victoria.. I have no idea what and. I think they just wanted a holliday so they made it up haha.. I dont think anyone really did anything to celebrate. BUT! There is a giant tulip festival but I dont think it was because of queen victoria day specifically but I am not sure. I dont know my canadian history haha..

4- What didn't we laugh about! I think some of the funniest moments were during the celebrations of the other elders birthdays. We ate soo much cake and we bought them a bunch of gifts from the dollar store and then we ended up just tackling them and tickling them and wrestling. It was pretty funny! I am failing on my memory right now. Sorry! It was a long week! 

5- I am super grateful for the missionaries in my apartment and for my companion. For the weather and the clouds. There is amazing weather here. The clouds and sunsets are beautiful! I am grateful for my knowledge of the gospel and for my strong testimony in Jesus Christ and everything that he did for us. I have a long list of things to be grateful for. I could name so many things. I owe so much to the people around me, my family, to my Heavenly Father. He has given me so much. My everything! My eternity.

6- I have everything I need :D! Because of you! 

7-I am going to the tulip festival today which should be pretty fun!

8- Okay haha he says hi back! 

Love you have an amazing week! 

-Elder Massé




-------------------------------------------------
Note from Dad:

Hi Son,

I hope your doing great!

I know you are busy so I'll keep it brief. A lot going on here.  We've had some long days.  I'm reminded that there are times when your just climbing uphill, with a heavy pack, sun beating down and every part of you is saying: stop this sucks, this is too hard, just head back down, it would be so easy.

But then you keep going and your friends lift your spirits and make that part of the journey bearable. And then you finally get to the ridge and the view is amazing, and the hike downhill feels great and you can finally rest, and the cool water is a gift and the food is amazing (who knew beef stroganoff in a bag could be so amazing).

And the camp fire, chair, and evening of talking and playing games makes it all worth.

But yeah. That uphill part just seems so hard.

So there it is. It's really not more complicated than that, unless you try to make the trip alone or your on the wrong path.   Life isn't really much more than that.

I love you and pray for you.

Love,

Dad
---------------------------------
Note from Grandma Judy:


Dear Elder Masse'
     Grampa and I are full of gratitude that we are home safe...     It was a grand tender mercy to get to see you on Mother's Day.I am thrilled that you are so happy. It is well have you have noticed increased patience in yourself and better organization.Those characteristics will serve you well when you get to college.
     The quote for the day is from Aristotle: "You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor."
     To repeat myself: Thank you for the blessings your good humor, obedience, hard work, good example, faith and diligence sends our way.
     Continuez votra bon travail avec diligence inebrantable.
Love,
Gramma

From Elder Masse: 
Well after 9 months a way from home I can understand and appreciate that quite a bit. ... I try my best and the lord makes up the rest. I really like that quote! Did you know I have a quote book and I always write all these quotes in it? Well just know I love every single one and I appreciate everything that you do grandma! You inspire all your grand children to be greater and you truly make the world a brighter place have an amazing week! 

-Avec amour Elder Massé