Elder Masse

Elder Masse
Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints August 2015-2017

Monday, July 18, 2016

July 18, 2016 - Transfers! Area: Ottawa Ontario Stake, Champlain Ward Comp: Elder Jared Nilson (Kaysville, UT) Zone Leader


Area: Ottawa Ontario Stake, Champlain Ward
Comp: Elder Jared Nilson (Kaysville, UT)


Zone Leader

1. What do you do for the first hour you wake up?
2. Do you generally come home for lunch or ??
3. How many miles do you get a month as a ZL? 
4. What happened this week that you don't want to forget!!!
5. What are you looking forward to?
6. What have you been thinking about lately?
7. Spiritual experience, fav quote?
8. What made you laugh and cry?

1- Well I get up and pray and depending on the day for that first hour we will be playing tennis if we wake up at 6. Or if we wake up at 6:29 we get up and I walk into the other room and just lift weights and try to lose some of the fat that I have gained from eating poutine haha. Not too much variety. Other than that because we live in a 4 man we take 15 minute showers. Well more like 8 minute showers but a total of 15 minutes in the bathroom in the morning. Eat oatmeal with peanut butter organize, get dressed and prepare for the day! 

2- Yeah usually we are already home. Because we have 3 hours of study we end our studies at 11 and then just eat lunch from 11-12 or sometimes members invite us over for lunch. 

3- haha. Well we have 2500 klicks which is obviously measured in kilometers but as zone leaders we decide who gets how many klick so we could change it but, 2500 is plenty. We make a drive to montreal every month which takes between 500-600 klicks. We use about 100 klicks a day roughly. So I have definitely become a better driver. We are also driving a truck so I have adjusted to that at first it was weird. 

4- hmm.. That is a great question haha. Too many thing. I think one thing that was really cool was our exchange with the assistants in Montreal and just the sites that we got to see while we were proselyting and just an awesome exchange with one of my favorite missionaries! I got to see Elder udave again and everything was just perfect I will try and get you some of the pictures that we took! 

5- Anything really! We just got tranfer calls. Well I made them haha. So I am excited for this upcoming transfer! I am still a zone leader and I will be getting a new companion! He was recently a district leader so I know him pretty well and I am excited to work with him! It is funny because he is a mandarin-french missionary and I am a spanish-french missionary and we are serving in an english area.. what is that haha! He is from the US from texas but yeah he speaks mandarin this is also his last tranfer in the field so I will be killing him! Which is kinda crazy because well.. Second missionary in a row I am killing! Trying not to be trunky is a struggle haha. not really but if i didnt have so much self-motivation etc. I am sure that I would be trunky. But also Elder Buck! Another one of my favorite missionaries who lives in our apartment is training and so I am so excited for that as well! It is going to be super fun to be partially training haha.

6- mmm Not much honestly just excited for the future and what is to come. I think something in particular is the fact the we are sent here to succeed. Heavenly Father loves us and he has called us because we are qualified for this work. He needs our talents and abilities and all that we got to bring salvation to his children. But the one thing in particular about all this is that he has sent us to succeed, but we will only succeed if we follow his will. He has sent us here to find and to baptize and to plant seeds and this is all possible if we just align our will with his.

7- mm. Spiritual experiences this week.. What didnt happen haha? I dont even know this week was really long but really short at the same time haha. Super hard to explain! things that happened.. just everyday has been jam packed with things this entire week was completely planned before we even started it! I think something really cool was that I was sharing a spiritual message and at the end I testified etc. and at the end the member just looked me in the Eyes and thanked me. A true thank you and he said that I reminded him of his son and that I had a talent to share stories and just talk etc. It was a really cool experience! Journal worthy! 

8- Laugh.. Probably my awesome exchange with Elder Critchlow! It was a blast and we got to jsut run around in montreal and have a blast! What more could I ask for? 

Cry.. Well Helping elder Nilson pack is pretty sad.. I havent cried but I may when he leaves I will have to tell you how it goes next week! 

anyways I think that is all for this week love you! 

-Elder Massé