Elder Masse

Elder Masse
Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints August 2015-2017

Monday, July 4, 2016

July 4, 2016 - "MY WEEK WAS AWESOME!" Happy Birthday Camdeyn!, Helping other move!, A cool miracle, " God doesn't give us what we cant handle, God helps us handle what we are given."

Area: Ottawa Ontario Stake, Champlain Ward
Comp: Elder Jared Nilson (Kaysville, UT)
Zone Leader


1- MY WEEK WAS AWESOME! well crazy awesome haha! I cant even describe how like long this week felt but not because it was bad or anything it was just so busy that I was just in a daze the whole week! I moved 4 people this week four days in a row. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday... Crazy right? They were all big moves to so you can guess by the 4th day I was getting pretty sore. I moved like 4 washed 4 dryers. 2 Fridges. 3 Ovens and like me. Haha because there wasnt always a lot of people there so I ended up doing most of the heavy lifting I carried a washer up the 2 flights of stairs on a dolly basically by myself haha. It was super fun though it was nice to work out and to help people! :D Other than that... WE GOT A NEW MISSION PRESIDENT! We have interviews with him today so that should be awesome! I will tell you how that went next week then we have zone training tomorrow which I will be conducting and giving a training so that should be fun as well! Other than that I think A highlight of the week was we helped a man move 16 tons of gravel a couple weeks ago and he invited us to come to his lodge in a couple weeks to have dinner because of all that we had done to help soooo! We did that this week and it was awesome! He was right on a private lake and everything, boats, dock the works. So while he cooked the steaks.. yes super nice meal! We fished off the dock haha. He said we could take the boat out but... obviously we couldn't honestly one of the best memories of my mission right there it was so cool! Then while we were eating dinner there was a giant thunderstorm so we were stranded there for a little while so we just talked about the gospel and played a game haha.! I think that was most of the highlights for this week!

2- Why am I not thankful! I hope that my little man knows that I love him to the moon and back! On this special day my thoughts are turned towards him. It is interesting as you get older. You just get perspective you mature and you look back at your life and you see where you could have done better where you could have improved or worked harder. Then when this happens you see people that are younger than you and you see their potential you see where they can exceed where you may have lacked. Camdeyn right not has that potential. He can be the greatest of us all. He has all the opportunity in the world to be the best at whatever he wants. I love how talented he is and how kind he is and his love and devotion in all the things that he does. I love his charm and hit whit and how smart he is. It is crazy to watch him grow up so fast and I hope he doesnt get too old while I am gone. I am grateful for the past that I have had with him and excited for the future that I get with him. I love you bro. I couldnt ask for a better brother;) Happy Birthday <3 

3- Smile - I think one of my favorite things was moving someone for like 4 or 5 hours out 1 house and into another and at the end of it all she just looked around and couldn't believe that it had all gotten especially in such a short amount of time she was extremely grateful and happy for the help that she had received. 
Laugh - When Elder nilson was fishing probably. He was fishing and he finally got a caught! Super excited and enthusiastically he pulls in really fast and is just ecstatic, and then he pulled out of the water a like 4 inch fish haha..
cry - Probably lifting up a plastic bag on a table and then seeing hundreds of cockroaches scatter all around me. It didnt make me cry, but it was pretty nasty haha.. 

4- I think a very cool success was a miracle that happened this last week. A lot of our investigators have not been progressing as well as we would want them to except for 1. Well the past 2 weeks he fell off the face of the earth and we couldnt find him. He is also living in a temporary residence so they cannot legally tell us if he is there or not anymore so it made things quite complicated.. Well We hadnt seen him in like a week and a half and we were doing weekly planning and we were just praying that we could find him and then set goals as if he would be a part of the week etc. Well we finished up planning that we would get a hold of him then decided to go and do some pass bys because we had some extra time well on our way to the first pass by a block away we found him!!!! He had relapsed which was a little sad, but because of this he just felt ashamed to meet with us. In all of this though we set up another appointment planned to get him to church and just bore our testimonies to him and said that we loved him no matter what and we want to help him. It went really well and he is back on track. That was the miracle of the week probably! 

5- Not too much honestly. I mean elder nilson will be going home soon and I will have to take over the area so I have been thinking about that a little and just preparing as well as the arrival of president phillips I am uper excited for that! well he is here.. but like yeah I am excited to meet him!.. Umm yeah.. Other than that..  I will probably stop there sorry haha.

6- We have been teaching someone from the Dominican which is super cool! A francophone who speaks english, a man from England, a man from scotland. That is basically it haha. I am sure there are more like all the people from Africa but it is so diverse here. Basically if they are not white they come from a different country and half the time they are white they still come from a different country haha. Not to be racist but to be real.. 

7- I have so many quotes it is crazy..  I dont know if I can just pick one though! I will send you the best of this week though it says. " God doesn't give us what we cant handle, God helps us handle what we are given."  I have no idea who said it but they are awesome! 

Anyways well that is about it.. Do you have any other questions for me? I got the hard drive so all is well. Also how much money is on my card? I think I have like 150? Unless I am wrong.. could you check? Also what is the exchange rate right now? Would it be a good time to exchange money? I took some money out when it was like 1.3 which was good if it is still high maybe I will do it again. Anyways love you have a great week! 

-Elder Massé


1.       How was your week?!?!
2.       Why are you thankful Camdeyn is your brother?
3.       What made you smile/laugh/cry?
4.       What were your successes this week?
5.       What have you been thinking about lately?
6.       Who have you been teaching?
7.       Do you have a favorite quote?  Favorite thought?