Elder Masse

Elder Masse
Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints August 2015-2017

Monday, July 11, 2016

July 11, 2016- MLC - Baptism of David, New Mission President,

Area: Ottawa Ontario Stake, Champlain Ward
Comp: Elder Jared Nilson (Kaysville, UT)
Zone Leader


Questions!!
1. How has your health been?  Your knees?  Your shoulders?  How much do you weigh? What have you been eating?
2. Who are you teaching?
3. What do you love about your new mission president?
4. Tell me 3 things about your apartment and where it is in the city
5. Spiritual experiences or highlights?
6. What made you smile/laugh/cry?
7. Tell me anything!!


It was a super good week! I got a lot done! We got a new mission president, We had MLC ( so I went to montreal ) we had zone training, a baptism in the other ward. It was a super busy week!

I will try! There are some in the mail.. Hopefully you have gotten them by now. I will try and send you some. That is seriously the highlight of this week cant even express in words how cool that is!

1- My health is doing extremely well I eat well, Work out a lot and am strong and healthy. I weigh 165 prefect weight! And all my joints are perfect I haven't had any problems. Well we eat a lot with members so that one is a little difficult to answer but we eat a lot of pasta, a lot of wraps, I have gotten pretty good at little meals. So lots of fruits and vegetable. Grains. The works haha. I dont eat like any candy really or really sweets for that matter. We eat pretty healthy. Dont eat out too much either but when we do we get Shawarma haha. The best thing ever! Lebanese food for days!

2- We are teaching consistantly really 3 people two of which are francophone but speak English fluently. The other person we are teaching is from the Dominican Republic and she is awesome too! All 3 of them are awesome I love them all. first one is Brian and he is 72 he is the one that called us about being baptized he has a baptismal date for this week but it may be moved. He is a boss and he loves the Gospel and will totally be baptized! The 2nd is Dominique she is a  younger mother of 2 children and she is also doing pretty well! We just helped her move and she is in love with us! She loves our church and the missionaries so she is very fun to teach and be with. the 3rd is Devon from Dominican Republic. She has been taught for a little while now but I feel that she will be baptized soon she is doing very well and is super easy to love! All of them are awesome!

3- Oh my gosh he is seriously the best! I cant even describe how much I love him already even from the 1st interview I could tell that I was going to love President Phillips. He reminds me of Dad in a lot of ways, but straight from the start he just felt like someone I could trust and love, and he is! He is already a father figure! I am excited for what is to come with him. I got to talk to him quite a bit last week due to zone training and I know that he is called of God and that he is meant to be here. I love how funny he is but also serious and spiritual he is when he needs to be. He also has so much love I cant even tell you. He just emanates is and it makes you want to be around him! He is the best!

4- Well it is in Gatineau Gatineau so still in quebec. As far as direction go it would be north of the city of Ottawa if I am not mistaken. It is a 4 and a half I think very nice for 4 missionaries. We just reorganized the whole apartment! There is a couch and a nice table. The bathroom and the kitchen are rather small but it is plenty for what we need and use it for.. Umm.. Other than that. I dont know. We have 2 extra small mattresses so when we do exchanges with the other elder we get them and all sleep in the same room it is fun haha. We put 2 fans in the window and just freeze it out like back home. Old habits die hard.. we have a bunk bed and our study desks are in the same room as our bedroom because besides proselyting all day all we do is study and sleep! That is pretty much it..

5- I think something really cool was the Baptism of david this week. his conversion story is really cool! We were on exchanges and It was elder Nilson and Elder Gentillon. It was there birthday and they decided to just go to this one restaurant for no reason and they saw this man sitting in a wheel chair and he was eating and elder Nilson felt prompted to talk to him.. Well normally we dont do that because well they are eating and it is not the best thing to do. interrupt someone well they are eating etc. Just not the place. But he got the spiritual impression so he went for it! And well the rest is history we all got to help teach him and he was just the man! I am so proud He bore his testimony at the end and I almost cried!

6- Smile - I GOT TO SEE ELDER UDAVE again! That was super cool as well as ELDER SMITH!!! They are both currently serving as zone leaders so when I went to MLC I got to see them both and it was basically the best day of my life because they are super far away and Elder Smith is leaving this next week so that will be the last time I see him for a while. I thought I wasnt going to be able to see him again.

Laugh - Definitely the first time I saw Elder Udave again. We just instantly starting messing with eachother and having fun and it was nice to see him again! what else.. I have no Idea. I am smiling all the time haha. The first time I saw president Phillips? He gave me a huge hug and AH! It was the best!

Cry- When I said goodbye to elder smith that was pretty sad.. ! I knew that it would be alright though I thing the coolest thing though is what he had left me. There is this super cool electronic french dictionary that has been in the mission for like 10 years that has been passed down from Elder to Elder and what did Elder Smith give me before he left.. he gave it to me. I couldnt believe it. It was seriously so cool and it is such an useful tool for learning french! That was really cool!


7- Life is good I am happy and healthy and Elder nilson is dieing soon.. Pretty sad. So I know for sure that I will get a new companion next week so I will tell you all about it!

Love you have a great week!

-Elder Massé