Elder Masse

Elder Masse
Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints August 2015-2017

Monday, August 8, 2016

August 8, 2016- Pictures! Riding the Bus. Creole, Zone Training, The City!















1- Missionary work can be pretty tiring.. 

2- MY DESK! 

3- I dont remember what the first picture was.. 


4- Amazing sunset when proselyting with elder chou!

5- 2 of my companions in this one! 

6 - MLC! Elder Udave!!! 

-------------------------------------
Area: Ottawa Ontario Stake, Champlain Ward


Comp: Elder Chou (Texas)
Zone Leader

1. How are you??
2. How do you feel about almost hitting your year mark?
3. What made you laugh/ cry this week
4. What are your successes?
5. What were your favorite things that happened?
6. Tell me anything!


1- I am doing very well. There is a lot of stuff going on over here with zone conferences coming up so our schedules have been a bit crazy! But I have gotten very good at managing my time and prioritizing so all is well! Things are going super well over here and I am very happy I just wish it wasnt so hot.. there were like two days this week it was 35 degrees which is really hot for where we are.. too hot.. 

2- It doesnt feel real I can still remember the 1st day perfectly and I feel that not much time has passed since the 1st day but an entire year has almost gone by which frightens me I dont want to see the next year go by with no changes so in the end it just motivates me to work a lot harder for what I want. I still cant believe it though..

3- laugh? hmm.. that is a good one.. These was a blur. I dont even remember half the things that happened. It has been very long so I am trying to just relax to do and prepare for what is to come with zone conference. I think the hardest I laughed this week was probably during exchanges I had two exchanges this week and they were both amazing. One of them was with an elder that actually went to school with elder nilson so we got to talk a lot and it was nice to learn and see how a new missionary works. That night we just played games together and had a blast what can I say more? Cry-- I dont think there was anything that made my cry this week that I can think of... Sorry! 

4- I think this weeks successes came in the little moments where we were just exactly obeident and we got a lot of work done despite the fact that we were so busy with a lot of administrative zone leader stuff. We have been doing lots and lots of planning for zone conference so things have been quite busy but we were able to find some new investigators this week and I was finally given the opportunity to go down town and work in the big city! That was really cool! It was cool talking to people on the bus and things like that. We found a lot of potentials and it was a really good day!

5- Favorite thing? well we got onto a bus and I went and sat down next to two women speaking creole and starting talking to them. I dont speak very much creole but it was enough to start a conversation then switch it over to french, but the cool thing was what was happening with Elder Dixon in the back ( we were on exchanges ) He started talking to this guy and he just seemed so Golden from the start. We got off at the same stop and we talked to him for almost have an hour on the street. We told him about the book of mormon and the restoration of the bible and basically taught the entire first lesson and he believed it all and loved it! I think my favorite part was when he talked about "Other sheep I have which are not of this fold" He said it just made sense and that he had always wondered about that. We answered questions to his soul and he accepted us and the book of mormon and it was just an amazing encounter! It was exactly how I would expect every single person to react if they heard the truthfulness of the gospel and it is what happened that day. It was an amazing thing to see.

6- hmm well I really feel like there wasnt too much that happened this week. like really this was a week of lots of driving and running around and planning things. the 2 most exciting things were probably exchanges which bore a lot of success in regards to finding people and teaching people! This week was a perfect example of just a by the book week. Nothing extraordinary just a lot of work that got done and feelins successful after getting through all of it.

I dont think I will need that hair gel I asked you for so dont worry about that. Other than that I may send a package home soon with some goodies and souvenirs in it. It will probably be a lot cheaper than the other 2 boxes I sent I found a way to send flat rate boxes through using a member so I will try and get that to you. Other than that life is just normal. Busy as ever well more busy that normal haha. So trying to just relax and stay frosty! I found the momon version of settlers of Catan which is called something like Zarahemla. So I am sure we will be playing that soon! I will tell you how it goes! Elder Chou and I are having a blast and I am still using a lot of french! Anyways love you so much have a great week!

-Elder Massé