Elder Masse

Elder Masse
Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints August 2015-2017

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

August 2, 2016 - MLC, what I'm thankful for, Zone Leader, " I knew then and I know now even more that we will never be asked or given anything that we are not able to handle or endure and that has made everything in my mission all worth it and so much easier to bear."

Area: Ottawa Ontario Stake, Champlain Ward

Comp: Elder Chou (Texas)
Zone Leader


1- in litterally every way shape and form. It has demanded a lot of me physically, mentally, and a lot spiritually. I supposed doing 4 moves in a week, planning a zone conference, and being in a personal meeting with the president of a mission his councilors, the stake president and his councilors can change you in all those ways. Of course there is more I have done.. much more but those are just a couple of examples.! I dont even know what else to say. I have just gained so much perspective on the gospel and what it means to be a missionary as well as the fruits of working hard. It has been so much fun and I have changed who I am! 

2- I have a good perspective on what the future will be like. I have specific goals and things that I want to accomplish and knowing what is in it at the end of all this is what helps me to keep going. It inspires me and drives me to work hard and keep going despite any challenges that I might face. Knowing that it will always get better and knowing that I will be blessed for my obedience and diligence just makes it all worth it. You cannot forget the element of heart though. You can be obedient and diligent but not have any heart in what you are doing. You have to align heavenly Fathers will with your own and make the gospel part of who you are and what you do. You have to attach what you are and what you want to become with the desires of your heart and it makes it all worth it and infinitely easier to just keep going.

3- I love the emphasis on being not only a preach my gospel missionary but a handbook 2 ward council member. Our mission does put a lot of time and energy into the now and planting seeds, but really it makes leaders out of young men and women for the future. It gives and teaches us the proper fundamentals so that we aren't just missionaries for 2 years but for the rest of our lives. It has given me an image of who I want to be when I get home in order to help the work of salvation continue wherever I am. I have learned so many things but I think that is one of the biggest things that I love about our culture. As well as exact obedience and things like that but really how to apply everything that we learn for 2 years to the rest of our lives.

4- That is a hard question. I think I was asked a similar question when I had finally received the valedictorian award. I was asked what was the hardest part. I could name specific times in the time frame where it was extremely difficult, but when I look back it seems so minuscule. I knew then and I know now even more that we will never be asked or given anything that we are not able to handle or endure and that has made everything in my mission all worth it and so much easier to bear. I think if I could name a time though it would definitely be at the beginning of my mission where I did not fully comprehend that principle or fully understand my purpose or goals here. Since the day that I have discovered really why I am here and what heavenly father has asked me to do. It has been cloud 9. Everyday is just another adventure and miracle in the scheme of eternal progression and happiness.

5- Yeah that definitely made me smile! Well.. I got to see elder udave again which was absolutely amazing! That is always a treat. I think I really laughed and smiled the most though in the little moments with elder chou. He has an amazing sense of humor and we are always laughing. Litterally all the time we are just laughing and messing with eachother. I wish you could just tape our lives together. I am sure you could make millions off of making a movie out of it. Kinda like the Truman show. 

6- hmm. well my journal will be done at the 28th I think of this month so yeah if you could send me another journal. I was also wondering if you could send me my planner from laval I missed some days and I want to fill them in but I need my planner to remember what we did. It should say on the inside. I only have one planner and it has like red clouds I think on the outside or something. That would be super useful. Umm. Maybe one pair of slacks would be nice as well. are there any other colors besides gray and black? If not.. well it is fine send me the most sturdy pair. But just one. Other than that. If you know my hair gel you could send me a thing of that. That would be nice. Other than that I think I am golden on everything. I will try soon to send you home a mass thing of pictures on a USB I have made like 3 copies of my photos so I wouldnt lose them. You can then take the photos and send back the USB. I think that everything that I have brought though will make it to the rest of my mission. My shoes. shirts, etc. 

7- I am so grateful for the gospel, for Jesus Christ and all that he has done for me, for my family and friends, christlike attributes, rain, storms, snow, a bed to sleep in at night, my companion and the other 2 elder in my apartment, my homies all around the world, so many things. My mission has given me gratitude in all aspects of like, but it has made me appreciate that much more a gospel centered family and true friends. Those 2 things mean more to me than almost anything in the world.

8- Hm.. this week went by really fast but also really slow I cant even believe it all happened it was nuts! We had MLC which was fun and then exchanges with the assistants. We drove 3100 klicks this month that is 100 a day.. so much driving! Ah but it was good! I love being with elder chou it has been so much fun  I can be myself when I am around him and I really appreciate that. Other than that Devon got her baptismal interview I walked around with cigarettes for like 3 hours because I took them ( well he gave them to me cause I invited him to get rid of them ) from him. Other than that.. I dont even know what else. Just crazy zone leader stuff. We have a zone conference coming up and this is a 5 week transfer so things are pretty crazy! But all is well and I am happy! 

Love you have a great week!

-Elder Massé




1. How do you think your calling as ZL has strengthened you?
2. What is something you do to help you keep optimistic?
3. What's something you love about the culture of your mission?
4. What has been the hardest thing about your mission so far?
5. What made you laugh/smile?  ( I sure loved the picture with the primary children!)
6. Do you need me to send you any clothes? pants, shoes ect?  journals?
7. What's something you're grateful for/
8. Tell me anything!