Elder Masse

Elder Masse
Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints August 2015-2017

Monday, September 12, 2016

September 12, 2016 - Elder Seelos is the best! This week was full of hard work and miracles! Favorite quotes

 Comp: Elder Seelos (Kaysville, Utah)

Zone Leader
Area: Ottawa Ontario Stake, Champlain Ward

I am doing super well though! Life is great! Elder Seelos is the best! I dont think I could really ask for anything more! This week was full of hard work and miracles so cant get much better than that! 

1- It is going really well! Our ward has the most recent converts in the stake. If not the most then the second most. It is a very good area to be in, one of the best. 

2-Well specifically for this month we are focusing on keeping the Sabbath day holy and getting investigators to church and helping them understand the why being the Sabbath. As well as teaching repentance and baptizing converts. The gospel of Jesus Christ really defines our lives and we use it everyday as missionaries and members of the church. Our goal recently has been to help other people identify it in their lives and help them live it more fully. 

3- I went on an exchange with elder Dalmasi! It was super fun! He has wanted to train for a long time so.. I became his new missionaries for the day. I took on the name Elder Miller ( haha.. Just felt right.. ) and I let him train me the entire day. I acted like I didnt know anything and I stopped speaking with a nice french accent and went super anglaphone and it was so fun! He may be having second thoughts about training now.. haha. Hopefully not but he did a great job! I remember trying to contact a women who only spoke chinese.. That was funny. We didnt speak any of the same languages but I had a chinese planner with me and I tried to communicate through it and well.. I tried haha.. It was pretty amusing, but in the end she has no idea what I was talking about.  



4- That is super good! I would keep that up. I would just say that no matter what if you eat too much of anything it is not good for you. Everything has to be done in moderation. There is a certain pattern that he can follow while he is training and tapering etc. but.. honestly I cant remember.. I know that george does though maybe he could help you out? I wish I could help but I dont remember all of my swimming food facts etc. I remember some days I would just carb out and eat like 6 potatoes and an entire boc of pasta, but then there are days when you just eat nothing but protein.. He will have to mix and match! but roughly he could do somthing like 2500 to 3000 calories diet. 30%  protein, 20% fat, 50% Carbs and get him vitamins so that he gets all his vitamins each day. 

5 - that is a great question I love the people here because they come from all over the world. It is a true mixing pot. Usually missionaries go out and they teach the world but here the world comes to us and we teach them. Everyone of every shape, size, color, and race. That is what I love about the people here. There of course are canadian stereotypes but on the same block you could have someone from every single continent. I love this place because there is no other place in the entire world like it. There is no where in the world where you can go to a place and just by crossing a river have the language and culture change almost instantly. Signs everything. It is so cool. Ottawa has changed my life and it honestly one of the coolest places I have every been to in my entire life. Definitely here and parliament and montreal there are a lot of things! 

6- Fav quote.. Here are some really amazing mark twain quotes that I like 1- Do something everyday that you dont want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain. 2- Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of a joy you must have somebody to divide it with. 3- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the lowliness, sail away from the safe harbor, and catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. Scriptures - I think something I have come to appreciate is ether 12:4 and the conversion story of alma in chapter 36. 1 because those who believe in God can hope for a better world. When I hear that I think of how loving God is and I think of our divine potential of what we can become. When I think of the conversion of alma and that nothing could have been as harsh as his pain but at the same time that nothing could have been as exquisite as his peace and joy it reminds me of The atonement of Jesus Christ everything that is unfair baout this life can be made up for because of the atonement of Jesus Christ. I have come to know him on my mission. Nothing can take that away from me or the peace that I feel as I choose to follow him as one of his disciples.  Tender Mercy - I think some tender mercy's came this week in just having things work out where we least expected them. Having a lesson cancel, but because of that having enough time to pass by someone that we wouldn't have been able to see had we not left at that moment. This happen with an investigator we had been trying to see for 3 weeks. We couldnt get a hold of him. He has lost our phone and so that was definitely the miracles of the week.



Have a great week! 

-Elder Massé



1. How is the work in your area going?  

2.  What is the mission focusing on?                                   
3.  What were your favorite things that happened this week?

4. Do you have advice for Cam on swimming?  
5. What's something you love about the people there, the place, something you want us to see when we come there eventually?
6. Fav quote, scripture, thought, tender mercy or moment?