Elder Masse

Elder Masse
Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints August 2015-2017

Monday, September 26, 2016

September 26, 2016 - Best week of my mission so far!! Pics! Kinder eggs, Bro Graham, Obedience,






1- us Opening the kinder eggs! 

2- All the kinder eggs we got..

3- Does this car look familiar?

Comp:
Elder Seelos (Kaysville, Utah)

Zone Leader
Area: Ottawa Ontario Stake, Champlain Ward

It was a super good week! probably one of the best of my mission... honestly dads letter was amazing.
It was just a succsessful week, no stress, general conference is coming up I get to go to montreal this week! I couldnt ask for anything greater! 

Did I tell you about that tender mercy? If I had to pick one person in the ward that remind me of you and dad it would be the Grahams. They are honestly my favorite family in the ward. They remind me of home. Something crazy that happened this week as well is that brother Graham was set apart as the new bishop in our ward. He was the 1st councilor in the stake presidency so it was unusual but it happened. Even though I was not there for the moment when Dad became the bishop it was a big tender mercy to see it right in front of me as I got to see brother Graham become the bishop. It was like seeing dad up on the pulpit again. It was a beautiful experience.
He will be taking the picture and sending it to you tonight so I will make sure I look good haha. Okay sounds good I will give all the info to the Grahams.

1- Honestly It was just a great week! It was just an effective week we got so much done! We found 3 new families this week which was so cool! 2 of them were from Cameroon and they spoke English! So I will get the opportunity to teach them I will keep you updated on their progress. Other favorite parts.. Well definitely exchanges! That is always amazing! I got to do a baptismal interview this week for a man that will be baptized next weekend. Seeing the bishopric change this sunday was also a very cool experience! Other than that things just went really well! 

2- I Have been thinking a lot about obedience! As missionaries we say quite often obedience brings blessings but exact obedience brings miracles. The more obedient we are the blessings we qualify for and this concept of obedience applies to everyone all throughout their lives. As we have real intent and we are obedient we grow are faith. We enact the Atonement of Jesus Christ into our lives. We live the Gospel Of Jesus Christ in our lives. This life is a time to be tested to see if we will be obedient to the commandments. So much of what we do comes down to just how we live each day in trying to follow the savior. So I have been thinking about what I can do to follow the savior more in my life. What I can do to increase my obedience.

3- Finding people and teaching defnitely are 2 big ones that I noticed from this last week. We have really been emphasizing the need for teaching and finding to be on a constant rise or at least consistent one with another so we have been really trying to do that and It has been working! We have been teaching a lot of lessons but also we have been able to find a lot of people as we have been teaching and it has been a miracle to meet so many new people. I teach people from all over the world. So many different cultures are combined here. I cannot wait for you to get a little taste of it when you come here! 

4- What do I not love about him? He is my best friend. I get to hang out with my best friend each day and do everything with him. I get to teach the gospel, laugh, change peoples lives. It is the greatest! He is so chill all the time. He is a really hard worker but he is extremely patient and loving! We mess with each other all the time and we just do it all together! I have not once been stressed out since I have been with him. We have been able to get through everything together without any problems whatsoever whenever there is something that comes up we just council together and we get through it. I love him! 

5- I will do my best haha.. yes I will Have you ever heard of a kinder egg? Well I think it was 2 weeks ago we found this fake money in the closet that goes to a store called candian tire. Well it turns out that this fake money actually counts as real currency so waht did we do? We spent it all on kinder eggs! Which are these little chocolate eggs you can fit them in your fist but they have little toys inside of them and they are super cool! They are illegal in the United states but I will try and send you some and it should be fine haha.  

6- I honestly still smile all the time! I just love life and everything about it and there is nothing greater than being a missionary! I smiled when it rained and when it was 4 degrees during the night but I still had the window open and the fan on high. ( my companion likes the cold though so it is okay) I laughed at church.. There is this little primary kid and I love him to death but every time he sees us his sole purpose is to just kick us and to attack us and we cant do anything about it lol. So I laughed as he attacked my companion and then I ran as he chased after me. In the end it all worked out haha. I think he is growing on me haha.

7- These was super good! Dont know what else I can say..I think something funny this week or maybe it was 2 weeks ago I dont know I am losing track of time. Basically we were having a lesson and we were doing it outside and this homeless man walked up to us and started talking to us. He was drunk.. great lol.. So we were kind and talked back to him and I asked him if he was alright and he may have said the greatest line I have ever heard . " Boy look into my eyes I am bordering perfection! " It really appeared so the man was old probably in his 60's with a really long beard and tattered clothing but his name is Casey and he is a pretty cool guy haha. The people you meet as a missionary.. 



Anyways love you have a great week! 

-Elder Massé

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. What were your favorite parts of the week?
2. What are you thinking about lately?
3. What successes are you having?
4. Tell me something you love about your companion
5. Are you going to send some pics?
6. What made you smile/laugh?
7. Tell me anything!!