Elder Masse

Elder Masse
Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints August 2015-2017

Monday, February 6, 2017

February 6, 2017 "We get to go to the temple tommorow", " 2 investigators, NetiPot, speaking Spanish

Laval, Quebec
Comp: Elder Mullen



1- Yeah I am! I am a little congested still but I have my handy dandy NetiPot! It is really gross to use but man does it work.. If you dont know what it is I will have to just send you a picture next week of how it works! 

2- I think one of the coolest things was a baptism yesterday for the Elders we live with we had 2 investigators come to it and there was such a sweet spirit! I had the opportunity to teach the man and let me tell you he was a handful he wanted to know every little thing to the detail and it was hard at times but it all worked out in the end and it was amazing to see him get baptized! President even came to the baptism! It was quite the occasion!

3- Things are great! We will be getting transfer calls this week and it is hard to believe! Time has been going by so quickly.. I am not sure what will happen so I guess we will just have to see next week! So I will get back to you on that one! Other than that life is good things are really progressing here and I love the ward and the people we are teaching they are so cool! It is amazing to see who the Lord has prepared and the amazing opportunity we have to teach such wonderful people! I know that many of them will be baptized It is just a matter of time now so it will likely be next transfer! 

4- Hmm.. We went and visited the Hernandez family this week and ate dinner with them! They are so cool! They are from Mexico so they are trilingual! Well basically their youngest kid needed help and he ran up to Elder Mullen and was asking for his help but he was speaking in Spanish and speaking very fast and loud and it was super funny to see Elder Mullens reaction.. He just looked at me and said I feel so bad! I dont speak spanish and I cant help him! Maybe it was one of those you had to be there moments but when you are in a place with so many languages you find it funny all the mix ups that happen. I forget a lot of words in English haha. Example! Ay! Hier night or Tomorrow matin! Lets go teach les gens. Est-ce que you know..? Too many languages! 

5- I think they are awesome! I think it is an amazing opportunity to help missionaries focus on what matters most! Hm a little bit I think it really helps in making sure that each lesson is more focused on quality than quantity not that we were focused on that but I think it is easy for missionaries to fall into that trap but now it is focused the more important aspects of missionary work. The standards of Excellence we have in our mission focused on those key indicators though so I was already kind of used to focusing on those no that the other dont matter but not that there is less to worry about it is easier to focus! We are getting into specifics and I think we will have very specific improved results with the changes so I am excited!

6- ben le! Toutes est belle et beau.. j'ai fier de natalie and j'ai beacoup aimé le courriel que vous venez de m'envoyer! Je sens le meme choses parfois, la vie c'est pas toujours facile et satan et fort il arrete jamais de travailler dans le tenebre et son but c'est seulment de nous amener vers le mal. Mais je sais que il y a les anges qui sont autour de nous et ils nous protègent. Je les sens chaque jour. 

7-  Hmm.. What else! Well we get to go to the temple tomorrow which will be amazing! I havent gotten to go in a little while so I am excited! I love the peace the temple brings so I am excited to be there again! Other than that it should just be a pretty good week.. Last week of the transfer though so you have to go hard on the paint! 

I love you have a great week!

-Elder Massé



1. Are you feeling any better??
2. What were the highlights of your week?
3. How are you feeling about things?
4. What made you laugh?
5. What do you think of the new key indicators?  Has it changed anything for you in the way you do missionary work??
6. Tell me something in French.  Is the song, "My Saviors Love" in the French hymnal?
7. Tell me anything!!!