Elder Masse

Elder Masse
Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints August 2015-2017

Monday, September 28, 2015

*Phone Call Home! Montreal or Bust! Left the MTC - got up at 2:30am - flying to Detroit and then arriving in Montreal!

Phone Call Home!

I get a little bit of time to email today to tell you what will happen tomorrow. I cannot believe the time here went so quickly! But this is truly the life I am so excited and so ready for what is to come in montreal I know that it will be hard but I have waited for it all my life. I am excited for everything! I know there will be disappointments I know that it will be the hardest thing I ever do I know that there will be days where it will be so hard to keep going. But I have been called of God and there are people there that need me and I will not fail them. Heavenly Father wouldnt ask me to do something if he knew that I could not accomplish it to the extent that he needed. I am ready for for the failure and the hardships because I know that no matter what it will be okay! I love you so much mother thank you for all that you have done for me to get me here. I got to be interviewed by one of the branch presidency members before he left and he is such a sweet old man. One of the questions was " Is your family supportive of you here?" I went on for probably 5 minutes about how much you had done for me and how you were missionaries and so many things and how you had blessed my life here. He could see the genuine love and appreciation in my voice and he said that I had been blessed with such an amazing family. I agreed with him 100 percent. You are truly amazing mother. So tomorrow will go as follows! 

- I will be getting up at around 2:30 and I will be at the travel office at 3:30 from there we will take a bus to the airport and it will probably take about an hour or so. After this ( around 4:30) we will check our bags and go through security to our gate. I am not sure how long this will take but probably 45 minutes to an hour as I am also waiting for the other missionaries flying with me. So that puts as at about 5:30 and My plane leaves at around 7:40 i believe so I will be calling you between 5:30 and 7:00 tomorrow morning my time. I can technically talk as long as I want but we were told to respect the time of other people so I can probably talk around 30-45 minutes. Who knows maybe less it all depends on the timing and the availability of phones. I will then fly from Salt Lake to Detroit Which will take 5 or 6 hours i cant remember and normally I would call you there but I only have an hour layover.. so I don't think I will have enough time to call you again. But from Detroit we take a 2 hour flight to Montreal and then my life starts for 2 years! This is as much information as I can give you you're probably asleep but I will be emailing for the next 10 minutes if you have anymore questions. So just keep your phone on and be prepared I dont know exactly when i will call you. Love you mom!

- Elder Masse'

(9/29/15 - side note from Mom: When Elder Masse called us- he said his testimony in Spanish - and he sounded happy and excited.  He talked of a devotional he gave last night with everyone in their district where he gave each of the Elders qualities like "a strong testimony", and "strong".  He said he couldn't sleep last night and didn't go to bed until 11:30pm - so he was pretty tired!  One of his bags was 50 pounds and 51 pounds.  Perfect!  He said Elder Vanaquer (Van-a-ker) was with him and about 14 other missionaries going to Montreal.)