Elder Masse

Elder Masse
Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints August 2015-2017

Monday, February 22, 2016

February 22, 2016 - Miracles- Fingers, Water Froze, Rode the Metro in Montreal, Chinatown, "we taught a new family from Cote d'ivoir, people from haiti, a women from venezuela and a man from guatamala. Also some people from honduras and then we had the normal quebecers! That is something I do love is that we teach people from all over the world! Getting a little bit of everything. Oh also a man from morocco. We also had a lesson that was basically completely in Spanish and that was pretty cool we had some people translating spanish to french and french to spanish."

 Chinatown, Montreal!
(Chinatown in Montreal is located in the area of De la Gauchetière Street)

"#love you elder walker"


"this was my valentine!"

 "a little taste of Paris"


Area: Mont-St-Hilaire, Quebec, Canada 
Companion:  Elder Thomas Smith
French Speaking

1- My week was a little slow but it was filled with some pretty
awesome stuff! Montreal on monday was the best! We wen't with this man
named Cedrik who all the missionaries know and he acts like he is 25
but he is really in his late 40's and it was the coolest thing ever!
Other than that we just had a jolly old time with missionary work! We
have just been getting stuff done here and really building the
foundation for missionary work here. Oh also! I totally burned 4 of my
5 fingers on my right hand because well.. I thought something wasn't
hot.. It turned out to be very very hot! But just read number 5 before
you freak out haha. I burned the top 2 parts of all my fingers except
my pinkee. That is just to be honest haha But it is fine so done worry
about it. Read number 5. I think that is basically everything that
happened this week..

2- ummm What didn't? Again just funny experiences with our recent
convert being in montreal with Cedrik we were laughing all the time
because he kept just making jokes and pointing things out. I also got
to ride the Metro for the first time in Montreal that was cool! I
bought a lot of cool nick knacks. 

3- We did get a little bit of snow but then it rained and it made most
of it go away then it got really cold and all the water froze so the
weather has been quite sporadic and not the best. I did love it when
it snowed though! Everytime it brings me more joy than it should I
have been wanting a giant snow storm but I haven't gotten it yet..

4- Just the usual we taught a new family from Cote d'ivoir, people
from haiti, a women from Venezuela and a man from Guatemala. Also some
people from Honduras and then we had the normal quebecers! That is
something I do love is that we teach people from all over the world!
Getting a little bit of everything. Oh also a man from morocco. We
also had a lesson that was basically completely in Spanish and that
was pretty cool we had some people translating spanish to french and
french to spanish.

5- Well again with my hand I was in pain obviously! But before I went
to bed I just prayed that when I woke up there would be no more pain
and that I would be able to use my hand and do everything that I need
to and well.. I am haha I woke up and it didnt work I am able to type
and shake peoples hands so that was a pretty cool miracle also It has
been less than 24 hours since this happened so I would say that is a
pretty big miracle.

6- They are not members but I believe that it is serge and sonia if I
remember correctly.. We don't see them all that much because they are
usually gone but we made  some cake for them once etc! they seem
pretty cool!

7- Okay working on it

8- cette semaine c'etait interesant.. il n'y a pas beacoup de chose a
dire a propro de qu'est que ce que ce passe mais, c'etait une bonne
semaine. Mon chose favorit c'etait montreal avec Cedrik je vais vous
envoyer le photo.

 I think that is it for the most part there is not too much else I
will send you some pictures! Have a great week! I am working on getting letters
 sent in the mail. Love you
have a great week!

-Elder Masse'



> 1. How was your week?!?!
> 2. What made you laugh?  What was the funniest thing that happened?
> 3. Did you get snow- and did you love that?
> 4. Who did you teach this week?
> 5. Spiritual experiences?
> 6. What is the name of the couple you live with?
> 7. Send me pics and tell me anything!
> 8.  Tell me something in French!!