Elder Masse

Elder Masse
Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints August 2015-2017

Monday, February 1, 2016

February 1, 2016 - "As I have been a missionary in a chaotic world it is really the things that are attached to eternity that have brought me comfort. Waking up everyday and working knowing that at the end of it all I will once again get to be with my family and friends. Knowing that every step further I go and every person I talk to could change their life could bring them closer to christ. It makes it all worth it. My treasures are laid up into eternity and that is where i find my solace that is where I find my peace." transfers! Staying with Elder Smith, zone conference, john 14:27,






Area: Mont-St-Hilaire, Quebec, Canada 
Companion:  Elder Thomas Smith
French Speaking




1.  How are you???  
2. Tell me about some of your favorite people
3. Are you loving the weather????  Did you get lots of snow??
4. What made you laugh this week?
5. What brings you peace?
6. Spiritual experiences?
7. Something you are looking forward to?
8. Tell me something in French! 
9. What's something you've been thinking about lately?

Je suis ici!  I got your package with everything!  I am absolutely perfect! I have had a great week and nothing could be more perfect!  I did not get a lot of snow actually really sad.. there was hardly any snow here actually.. It is above zero and most of the snow has melted it was a pretty weak winter.. 

1- I am so great I am happy and healthy and I have just been having the best time with elder Smith! we just got transfers calls and I am staying in this area with elder smith! no one in our district actually changed which is awesome because we have the best district in the world! 

2- Some of my favorite people? Well there is a man named fr. O. and he is just a fiery european man from swiss and he is the best! He is a former stake president and bishop and he is seriously so knowledgeable and he loves the missionaries and he has us over to eat all the time and his accent is so NICE! There is also a bunch of families in the ward that I love so dearly one specifically just had an 8 year old baptized and during church he asked us if we were coming to his baptism and it was the cutest thing I have ever seen! THEN! when he was getting the holy ghost he asked us to come and help give it to him it was seriously the greatest thing ever! 

3- It hasn't been very cold and there hasn't been too much snow I think the winter may actually be over which is quite sad but c'est la vie! I will just pack all my winter stuff up and use it next year! It is supposed to get kinda cold this week but other than that I think it might be over. 

4- we had a zone conference where we got to spend like 6  hours with some of my favorite people ever and afterwards some of us went to a restaurant and honestly we were just smiling and having the greatest times of our lives there! When you are surrounded by people you love that is true happiness! 

5- The gospel my family, my friends, water, Nature. Everything john 14:27 really sums it up nicely. As I have been a missionary in a chaotic world it is really the things that are attached to eternity that have brought me comfort. Waking up everyday and working knowing that at the end of it all I will once again get to be with my family and friends. Knowing that every step further I go and every person I talk to could change their life could bring them closer to christ. It makes it all worth it. My treasures are laid up into eternity and that is where i find my solace that is where I find my peace.

6- one specifically was being inspired to go visit someone early that we already had a return appointment for! We were a little hesitant at first but we went anyways. When we showed up the person we wanted to see wasn't there but!  We met his parents and they let us in and we got to teach them the first lesson and we got 2 new investigators because of it! really was a highlight of the week!

7- Anything in the Future! I know that whatever comes is supposed to. Whether it is hard or easy , fun or challenging I hope that it stretches me and grows me and helps me become a better dsiciple of christ. 

8- je n'ai pas beacoup de temps mais je vous aime ma mere et j'espere que tu passe une bonne semaine! 

9- I think so much haha.. that is a hard question. something specific is the idea of charity. I may have to wait till next week to finish this thought but charity comes in many forms and sometimes it means loving someone enough to "hurt" them. Loving them enough to tell them what they need to do better. 

Sorry no time left! but I love you have the best week ever! 

-Elder Masse'