Elder Masse

Elder Masse
Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints August 2015-2017

Monday, February 8, 2016

*February 8, 2016- Swiss politician, giant field, sushi and fried fish! "I often think back to the stories from the Phillippines and Africa and my own experience back in Oregon. Each is Unique and profound in its own way. Each brings certain challenges that I think the missionaries that go need, so that they can grow and become better. What we have been considering is what is it the Canada Montreal brings. At the end how will we be different. We have been thinking about this question a lot we dont have a definite answer yet but whatever it may be no matter where you go int he world. It is where you are supposed to be. The 1st real convert is yourself and that comes through the testing of your faith and eventually your profound witness that everything your doing is truly of God."




Area: Mont-St-Hilaire, Quebec, Canada 
Companion:  Elder Thomas Smith
French Speaking

My internet isn't working too well but I am sure it isn't Africa or the Philippines so I should be fine!

1.  How are you???
 2.  Are you getting transferred???
3.  Did you get your other car back?
4.  Did anything crazy happen this week?
5.  What made you laugh?
6   Tell me anything!!
 7. Do you have any questions for me?
8.  What's something you walk/drive by everyday?
 9.  What's something you've been thinking about lately?


1- I am great! We had a great week this week it actually snowed! It is
supposed to get colder this week down to -18 and we should have some
more snow as well! But, I am just as great as always passing the time
in laughter and smiles!

2- I did not get transfered so I will be staying in Mont St. Hilaire
for another 6 weeks! Elder Smith only has like 3 transfers left so I
will either kill him and stay another transfer to show another
missionary around or I will leave just before he goes home and well I
have no idea what would happen with that.

3- I didn't get our other car back it wasn't even that damaged it was
pretty good compared to what could have happened but right now we are
driving another car it is a 2011 chevy cruze and it is still nice so
all is well! We should get the car back soon.

4- Not particularly honestly it was a pretty standard week.  the river
is just going inbetween frozen and not frozen. Things are freezing
melting and refreezing. Just average missionary life!

5- Umm.. We got spoon fed by a 65 year old women, washed my size 11
pantoufles! and when i pulled them out they had shrunk to about a size
6.. Got rebuked by a swiss politician stake president ( that is the
meaning of fear ) Other than that.. It was a good week haha!

6- I don't think there is too much to report on this week honestly. It
was a pretty standard week just drove around everywhere taught lessons
tried to find people! Last monday actually we went to do a FHE with a
family from cote d'ivoire right after we had just eaten and then we
realized that they wanted to also feed us dinner.. Well it was all
this crazy african food and it was really cool! Buuuut.. in the middle
they just had these 2 GIANT fried fishes.. I couldn't eat it haha I
tried but it didn't work. I also tried eating Sushi this week and I
threw up haha. I wasted like 14 dollars on it too.. I just gave it to
my companion and then went and ate a sandwhich. Anyways other than
that.. Dont think there was anything else too special other than us
also teaching probably the richest person I have ever met in my life.
Her and her husband were both in the medical field and this
house....... You walk in and there is just chandeliers and it is just
WOW.. this house makes it into the millions.

7- I dont think I have too many questions for you I am a little
curious what you did with all my left over mission stuff. It may be
useful to have another pair of nice pants in the future I wear the
nice grey pants all the time! Other than that I just want to know how
everyone is doing etc. the usual. If you know who has gotten there
mission calls in Oregon that would be cool as well.

8- There are always quite a few things. There is a giant field right
outside our house and I was here when it was just acres of gold and
yellow and now It is this vast space of snow and it is quite cool to
look at actually there is a mountain in the distance ( mountain
meaning a big hill )  and during the night you can see lights from a
near by city. We also always drive next to, or across the river. It is
really long and it is just filled with ice. I think it would be fun to
swim across buuuuut.. that will have to wait until I am no longer a
missionary.

9- There is always so much haha not a fair question! I think a big
thing that Elder Smith and I have been thinking about is our mission
in particular. I often think back to the stories from the Phillippines
and Africa and my own experience back in Oregon. Each is Unique and
profound in its own way. Each brings certain challenges that I think
the missionaries that go need, so that they can grow and become
better. What we have been considering is what is it the Canada
Montreal brings. At the end how will we be different. We have been
thinking about this question a lot we dont have a definite answer yet
but whatever it may be no matter where you go int he world. It is
where you are supposed to be. The 1st real convert is yourself and
that comes through the testing of your faith and eventually your
profound witness that everything your doing is truly of God.

Dont think there is too much else I will be here though so ask me
questions! I love you have a great week!

-Elder Masse'