Elder Masse

Elder Masse
Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints August 2015-2017

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

December 27, 2016 - Pics! Tracting, Christmas, Cribbage,

Elder Shakespear
Laval, Quebec
French Speaking
District Leader








1-  More winter Gear

2- This is the song we sang on sunday, there is no pianist but it is still pretty good.

3- This is elder Shakepear and I frozen outside after knocking in freezing rain for 4 hours​

1 Did you know this is how I have been drinking milk for the past 16 months?

2- True Canadian right there.

3- Standard winter gear! 

I loved your letter I really like all the little updates and the things that you did as a family! I am very impressed with Natalie as well that sounds awesome!

1- It was so amazing to see everyone! I wish that we would have had a little more time to talk to everyone but maybe it was perfect because we ended on a good note and it was just long enough to say hello, but not long enough to miss you too much! Though I am completely untrunkable at this point. But overall I am so happy to see such a big wonderful family everyone looked so happy and I am so glad to see Elliot and Miiko! They are amazing additions to the family and it was nice to see them there! 

2- it was awesome! So it was a little different than most baptisms because in the end they flew all the way down to Utah to be baptized so we didnt get to see it but we talked to them and they said it went really well! It is because Joel has family in Utah who are members and he wanted to be baptized by his brother so him and his wife céline flew down and they were baptized and confirmed! I will get a picture from Elder Shakespear and send it to you the pictures are on his camera.

3- Tracting! Haha really though we have just been finding lots of people everyone once in a while we will throw a snowball or slide on the roads paved in ice, but most of the time we are busy! I have seen so many forts though and snowmen and all sorts of really cool snow creations! In quebec city during the winter because of how cold it is they make an entire hotel out of ice and you can stay in it! It is pretty cool! 

4- I am a good driver in the snow, I have always been a pretty cautious driver so I am quick to act and make sure that we dont die. Though the other elders in our apartment had an accident already.. There are quite a few accidents up here it costs a lot to fix the cars so I am very careful when I drive! We havent really had any close calls yet but we have defnitely slid more than I would have liked because of how slippery it is. 

5- At the beginning of my mission I woud teach my companions how to play cribbage and I had a little chess board so we would pull it out and play every once in a while other than that I have seen munchkins and a couple other games, but off the top of my head I cant think of any and acutally we are no longer allowed to have any games of any kind in our apartments so I havent played a board game, or chess, or cribbage in a while it has been 3 months or so. I think it is a good thing though, often times they can be a distraction so it helps us focus! 

6- I was just so happy to see all of you! I dont even know what else to say it was amazing to see all of your smiling faces I feel like I talked a lot on sunday! Hopefully I didnt talk too much! I just hope that Dad had a wonferdul Birthday and that Christmas was amazing! It looked like a perfect family from my end!

Anyways I love you mother have a great week!

Avec amour 

-Elder Massé


1. What did you think of seeing everyone for skyping?
2. Tell me more about the baptism
3. What are the fun things you've been doing in the snow?
4. How do you do at driving in the snow? (You didn't get much practice in Oregon lol)
5. What games do you play with your comps... Are there board games people play in Quebec that are different from ours?
6.Do you have any other questions for me?