Elder Masse

Elder Masse
Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints August 2015-2017

Monday, January 2, 2017

January 2, 2017 -Happy New Year! New Comp! Elder Mullen!

Comp: Elder Mullen (Canada)
Area: Laval, Quebec
French Speaking
District Leader




Hello ma mere! This week was awesome! We go transfer calls I think I forgot to tell you that we were getting those.. So I will be staying in Laval but Elder Shakespear will be leaving and going to another ward.. I am sad to see him go he is such an amazing missionary and we really had so much fun together! It is funny because he and his MTC companion are switching places so I will be getting his companion from the MTC his name is Elder Mullen and he is from Canada not sure which part I think Alberta but I am super Excited it will be another adventure!

1- There wasn't anything too special we taught and we tracted a lot! At the end of the day we went to a dinner appointment with this family that currently has a missionary in Switzerland I think.. He will be coming home in 3 weeks! They love the missionaries and they feed us often but it was nice to be in a wonderful home all warm especially when it was freezing and snowing outside but it was also super fun to go back out after the dinner appointment! Nothing too special though! Just lots of goal setting. The 1st of January though is a Haitian holiday I think it is their independence so they make this AMAZING soup! And they stay up all night eating it so sunday night we got to go to a hatian families home and have some of the soup and it was so good!

2- I cant name all of them but I really want to take a picture each day, each week I want to send home a hand written letter to the family, I want to really take the time to get to know my scriptures before I end my mission. I just want to work hard and go out with a bang! 

3-this week! Well I will be looking forward to my new companion though I will be sad to see Elder Shakespear go! Other than that we will be teaching and finding a lot and the holiday will be over so people will have more time to meet with us! You dont know how many times people told us to wait until after the holidays.. so I am excited to really get back to working with them! 

4- I make calls every sunday nighy, I lead and organize district meetings, I conduct companion exchanges with the other elders in the district and I seek to uplift, edify and inspire the other missionaries in my district!

5- I really like this set of scriptures in Romans  
Romans 14:16-19
16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of:
17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousnessand peaceand joy in the Holy Ghost.
18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peaceand things wherewith one may edify another.

This life is in preparation for the next ( alma 34:32 ) we have the kingdom of God on this earth being established so that we can prepare to meet God in the next life. I love that in this process of preparing that we are meant to seek after the things that edify and uplift us and make us better. Not by following the things of the world but by doing works of righteousness and seeking after the Joy that comes from following the example of our Saviour Jesus Christ and having the company of the Holy Ghost. There is a quote that I have really come to love on my mission and I would have to find out who said it and I will probably misquote it slightly because my memory isnt perfect but he says essentially. " I know that our Heavenly Father is Joyous and loving because that is how I feel when I feel his spirit " Is is fitting that what we feel as we feel of his spirit is directly correlated to his nature. So we must do all that we can to seek after those things in this life because that is our goal to become like him and to rise to perfection. This gospel is the way to do that it truly brings peace and love. We establish it on the earth and we share it through our service and having charity towards others. If we truly love people we will share the gospel with them and seek to edify them.

6- I dont think I have any at the moment. How long will everyone be staying at the house? Is everyone still there or are the gone now?

7- Life is just so good I am excited for a fresh start and to have a new companion to help out and make into a better missionary life couldn't be better! 

Love you have a great week!

-Elder Massé


1.  What did you do for New Years??  Any special traditions?  Could you see fireworks from your apartment?
2.  What are some of your new years resolutions?
3. What are you looking forward to this week?
4. What are some of your duties as district leader?
5.  Quote, thought, or scripture?
6. Do you have any questions for us?
7. Tell me anything!!