Elder Masse

Elder Masse
Serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints August 2015-2017

Thursday, March 2, 2017

March 2, 2017 - pic! I love this quote by Thomas S Monson I think I quoted it right it says - “When we deal in generalities, we will rarely succeed. When we deal in specifics, we will rarely see failure. When performance is measured, performance improves. When performance is measured and reported, the rate of improvement will accelerate.”



Montreal, Quebec
Comp: Elder Carr
AP


Sorry we got called away so I had to stop doing emails and go help some people out so I will finish up this email and then I will talk to you next week! I promise that as time progresses that emails and everything will get more consistent! But it was a wonderful missionary opportunity so it was worth it!

1- It was really fun to see all the missionaries! We had 3 zone conferences and an MLC in one week so I saw over half the mission! There are such wonderful missionaries here! I got to drive all the way up to quebec city which was pretty amazing! It is a very beautiful drive and it is the other part of the mission that I haven't had the chance to see yet! I got to see Elder Seelos again for the first time in a couple months and talk to him about everything that happened in Ottawa after I left! It was amazing! 

2- Everything always comes back to the fundamentals! Just like in construction when building a house you have to have a solid foundation so we have really been digging deep and getting good at the little things! Making sure that we are experiencing the fruits of our labors! That we are having spiritual experiences and recognizing them! That we see the Atonement of Jesus Christ working in our lives. Using the Book of Mormon and Commitment making and keeping are also 2 really big topics. There is always more than we can do to help others! That is a big lesson that I have learned on my mission sometimes people just need a little push in the right direction or a helping hand and we can give it! We just have to love them enough to help them. 

3- It is like marriage! Does a man and a woman in a marriage each give 50 percent so that it equals 100? Maybe 60-40? Nope! They both give 100%! They give everything that they have, they give it all! It is a similar thing we both just work as hard as we can all the time in whatever we are doing and it works out! We know what needs to be done so we do it! Elder Carr and I are great friends and we work really well together so it all works out smoothly! 

4- There is always time during the day to find and teach! Sometimes it is difficult but you have to be good at planning and prioritizing! If you are going to fill up a jar with oranges, kiwis, plums and rice! What do you start with? Well the biggest! Meaning the oranges then you fill it with the kiwis and the plums and the rice last of all. If you start with the rice you wont have enough room in the jar to fit everything else. It is a similar principle we identify what is most important we start on that then me move to the next task and the next until they are all complete! So in the same way we make time for what matters because we still do need to find so we plan for it and we do it! 

5- Everything is great! Life is good! I am adjusting well it has been 2 weeks now but it doesnt feel like it has been that long! With zone conferences over it is a straight shot from here I think I have everything figured out! I am excited to continue to learn I have learned so much in 2 weeks I didnt know I could actually retain that much information I have been learning many useful skills! 

6- Anything in the future I guess you could say! I am just excited for what is next I have loved what has happened I love what is currently going on so I am sure that the future from here on out is only better and brighter I have a lot to learn and I have the next 6 months to do it! I am excited to see what changes I can make and what I can learn in the coming weeks and months! 

7-I love this quote by Thomas S Monson I think I quoted it right it says -           

“When we deal in generalities, we will rarely succeed.

When we deal in specifics, we will rarely see failure.

When performance is measured, performance improves.

When performance is measured and reported, the rate of

improvement will accelerate.”

In whatever we do we need to be specific! Especially in our goals, and just like it says in the scriptures there is "a time and a place for every season under heaven" everything has a purpose and a time and we as beings created in the image of God must be driven by a similar principle. We need to be a specific purpose driven people. In knowing what we are doing and where we are going God can then put people into our paths and miracles will come with ever footstep if we are pressing forward in the path that we know He would want us to take!

Well I love you mother! You are amazing and I appreciate everything you do! 


I love you! 

-Elder Massé


1. What was your favorite things that happened this week?
2. What are the things that are being taught at Zone Conf and emphasized?
3. How do you balance responsibilities with your companion?
4. Are you able to still find to proselyte and teach?
5. How are you feeling about things?
6. What are you looking forward too?
7. Thought or quote???